Gestureometer

Project Abstract / Summary : Gestureometer is a Gesture and Motion sensing input device. It enables users to control and interact with their console/computer through a natural user interface using gestures and spoken commands. A system that can interpret specific gestures, making completely hands-free control of electronic devices possible by using an infrared projector and camera and a special microchip to track the movement of objects and individuals in three dimensions. This 3D scanner system called Light Coding employs a variant of image-based 3D reconstruction. Gestureometer can be programmed for various gesture and motion of any object like human or non-human being. 1st it identify the nature of object (i.e. skin or non-skin region) and then it specify the category defined in database then it produces a voice message regarding the recognition of “identified object” which can be used by a blind person. In case of security it helps to identify the purpose of coming a person into room by gesture either he/she is coming for robbery or other purpose.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Identification of an object is too much difficult job for a blind person. They use their sticks or any other thing to identify the object that is in front of them but sill they were unable to find the object

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: JRE Group of Institutions,plot no.5,6,7,knowledge park-4
City: Greater Noida
State: Uttar Pradesh
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : We are familiar about all terrain vehicles(ATV) and multipurpose vehicle(MPV), but both in one vehicle;that is a vehicle that is an all terrain vehicle and...
Hello, I have somewhat of an unusual request. I teach engineering to high school students in north Alabama. We are located at a career tech center that gets students from...
HTC seems to be on spree of launching HTC Desire phones. After launching the Desire 816G and Desire 826 last month, HTC has now gone ahead and unveiled the HTC...
I am wondering if online classrooms are the future of schools and colleges. Bill Gates and his philanthropic arm is making huge investments to promote online education. While we can...
Participate in Kaun banega SEO and stand a chance to win a cash prize of Rs 5,000. College :New Delhi Institute of management Event name : Spandhan2015 For further details...