Genetic Algorithm ?

Can any one explain me What is Genetic Algorithm and its Application ? ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is a AI process that mimics the process of Darwin's Natural Selection.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Genetic Algorithm Description - Introduction to Genetic Algorithms - Tutorial with Interactive Java Applets

lancet.mit.edu

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Genetic Algorithm is an Evolutionary Algorithm that works in the same way as the Biological Natural Selection process.
    It is used in search and optimisation.
    • Genetic algorithm is applied to a possible set of solutions of a given problem. These possible solutions are selected randomly.
    • Individual elements of this set are then tested by employing fitness functions. In this way, each possible solution is assigned a fitness value.
    • After this, a certain number of solutions with the highest fitness values are selected and this forms a new set of possible values.
    • Sometimes the possible solutions with highest fitness values from a different set are also combined with an existing set of values and the evaluation is done repetitively. This increases the average fitness of each successor set of solutions as compared to its predecessor set.
    • The process finally terminates and gives the final output when any further iterations do not produce better results.
    Its applications are fairly diverse and include robotics, operations research, genetics, bioinformatics, pharmaceutical chemistry, economics, etc.

You may read: "Introduction to Genetic Algorithms" - Melanie Mitchell.
  • Vinodhini.V
    Vinodhini.V
    lovebox
    Genetic Algorithm is an Evolutionary Algorithm that works in the same way as the Biological Natural Selection process.
    • Genetic algorithm is applied to a possible set of solutions of a given problem. These possible solutions are selected randomly.
    • Individual elements of this set are then tested by employing fitness functions. In this way, each possible solution is assigned a fitness value.
    • After this, a certain number of solutions with the highest fitness values are selected and this forms a new set of possible values.
    • Sometimes the possible solutions with highest fitness values from a different set are also combined with an existing set of values and the evaluation is done repetitively. This increases the average fitness of each successor set of solutions as compared to its predecessor set.
    • The process finally terminates and gives the final output when any further iterations do not produce better results.
    Its applications are fairly diverse and include robotics, operations research, genetics, bioinformatics, pharmaceutical chemistry, economics, etc.

Yes i can get your point, what will be the complexity of this algorithm ?
  • Vinodhini.V
    Vinodhini.V
    lovebox

Yes i can get your point, what will be the complexity of this algorithm ?
  • Vinodhini.V
    Vinodhini.V
    A.V.Ramani
    It is a AI process that mimics the process of Darwin's Natural Selection.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Genetic Algorithm Description - Introduction to Genetic Algorithms - Tutorial with Interactive Java Applets

lancet.mit.edu

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you for directing me sir 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to align appindicators in the order as I like in Ubuntu. Anyone of you know it how ? Couldn't find way in gconf-editor. There must be someway. Anyone...
This is really an elementary problem in geometry and algebra. It is not puzzling nor are there any twists. The result is interesting. I came across this intriguing problem a...
UK's TWI has unveiled a 5 kW handheld laser gun that can cut through tough metal pipes like a hot knife cuts butter. All thanks to the fibre laser projector...
friends,do anyone know about water swirl algorithm?very urgent!
when will the rotor angle change in large alternators???