Geeksphone Features Multi-OS Option - Lets You Boot Both Android And Firefox OS

Isn't it really boring to see the same screen every day? A change in regularity is welcomed by everyone. Well, GeeksPhone – a Spanish smartphone company has come up with a new device that lets you do just that. It has unveiled a new device, a first of-its kind that would offer multiple operating systems on a single handset. The base OS of the phone will be Android whereas for the second, Geeks Phone says that “any other community supported OS” can be loaded onto the device.

Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 10.15.34 PM

This would be possible with the help of GeeksPhone MultiOS technology. As for now the alternate option would be Firefox OS. You'll be able to boot into it using Boot2Gecko by Mozilla. So, you won’t be able to boot Windows Phone or iOS. Furthermore, GeeksPhone says that the user will also get OTA updates or have the facility to install additional software packages for whichever platform he or she chooses.

geeksphone-reovlution-2014-01-29-02

As for the phone’s other specifications - The Geeksphone would be sporting a Dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor, a 4.7” 960 x 540 resolution display, 1GB RAM, and 8-megapixel rear/2-megapixel front cameras and will be powered by a 2000 mAh battery. The Android version that will be used is unknown as of date and so is the release date and the price.

Do you guys think that such a phone will create a new trend in the market? Let us know in comments below.

Replies

• Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    I like the idea of multiple OS. Same thing can be done with the Nokia N9 MeeGo smartphone. Here is the link of video running MeeGo OS and Android 4.1.1 :
  • lal
    lal
    First of-its kind? Not really!

There was the good old N900 which dual booted and even triple booted! Nokia's N9, N950, N810 and N800 did the same, though the option was not officially supported 😁
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    This is said by the company that it is first-of -its kind.It may be the first officially phone doing so whereas as u mentioned the Nokia's N9, N900, N950, etc were also dual bootable but unofficially....👍
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes, It would be the first official one to be Out and i expect this to be a new trend setter only if Firefox OS burns well
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Intel Atom Processor 👎
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Abhishek Rawal
    Intel Atom Processor 👎
    Dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor Z2560 with up to 1.6GHz that is surprising.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor Z2560 with up to 1.6GHz that is surprising.
    In article it didn't mentioned that it's Clovertrail, else the emoticon would be opposite of what it currently is. However, If they would've used Snapdragon 600 or Exynos then it would've impressed me 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Entailing a semi-open back architecture for profound, solid bass reproduction, the have it in them to be part of your gadgets must-haves kit. Their unique styling may not align with...
Leaked documents have revealed an elaborate plan giving police the ability to remotely disable car engines. This technology comes under ENLET's(European Network of Law Enforcement Technologies') 6-year development project. ENLET...
hello, i have completed B.Tech Eelectronics And Communication Engineering Now i am planning to do a course like PLC or DCS.,.to get a job preferably in oil and gas industries...
iBall has launched the Slide 3G 7334Q-10 Android tablet in the Indian markets today. The Slide 3G, as you might have guessed from the name supports WCDMA connectivity. The tablet...
Recently, MATE development team released LiveCD ISO based on ArchLinux that boots full MATE desktop environment, allowing potential users to try MATE without installing it in their current system. MATE...