Gateway Auto Configure?

Am having two routers with different network,
I wanted to know can I connect two routers with Internet access in single network?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jaspal garde
    Am having two routers with different network,
    I wanted to know can I connect two routers with Internet access in single network?
    What you want to achieve isn't very clear. What exactly do you mean by connecting two routers with Internet access in single network? What are you trying to achieve by doing this setup?
  • jaspal garde
    jaspal garde
    Let me make everything clear I have Office and Home Internet, I have Internet Connections at both the place Office and Home. So for connecting my home and office together in network I have used a power beam of unifi for connecting my home and Office. So I have achieved connecting my home to office with out any issue. My data transfer to home and office is working very well but, What I want to achieve is that when my office Internet goes off Automatically my homes internet should start by its self.
    Is its clear now.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    nope. Its not clear.
    If I am assuming - you want your home network to be a backup connection?
    But then, if both office and home network are using same uplink- how does falling back onto home network help??
  • jaspal garde
    jaspal garde
    Hiii Durga,
    My office to home network is connected via Unifi Power Beam and at home I have Broadband connection where as my office have lease line. So what I have done is for getting my files of office system at home the power beam is installed So, I can work from my home also. But I want to utilize this installation for my back up of Internet, When ever there is outage or lease line is not working I can use internet from my home broadband. Now is it clear.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    First, you have two different uplinks as per your initial description- one at home and another at office.
    secondly, as any another WLAN powerbeam seems to be just another CPE.
    yout office computer can fall back onto a secondary uplink provided for your office network not onto a completly different uplink on a different network unless there is some sort of routing between both networks.

neither there is any info on physical topology not logical topology for me to understand how home and office networks are connected.
  • jaspal garde
    jaspal garde
    What I have done is now to solve my issue. I have installed a manage able switch at home when ever there is outage in office internet I Enable Home Broadband port to my switch and there it goes I get internet access of my home at my office.

but its manually done can this be done automatically...
    Or Can you share me Idea how should I create network so that I can access my both internet and network storage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Karbonn Mobiles very quietly have put up details about their brand new smartphone on their company website. The Karbonn Quattro L55 HD was spotted by prying eyes of the media...
Waiting for the darkness to unfold the truth behind those red-masked eyes? Talking about ROG logo of course, recently the team reunited to bring ROG GX-700 in India and today...
Friends i got placed in Infosys and was happy with it but soon after some days CoreEL Technologies came to our campus and i got placed in that company also...
In a particular arc welding operation 5 mm thick steel plate requires 40 A current , what should be the current requirement for welding 10 mm thickness plates? a) 10...
This has been asked many times all over the world. In CE too. This may have some answers: Better Math Adds Up to a Better Company