GATE without classes?

Hi All,

I have been working past 2 years after completing B.E in Computers. I appeared for GATE in my final year but couldn't crack it. I am planning to start preparing for 2016. I am not sure whether I should join GATE classes, there are multiple institutions who already have started conducting lectures (on Saturday & Sunday) for GATE- 2016. However, these institutions provide study material that cover many topics in greater detail (may be!) and also regular mock tests etc.

For me, sometimes it becomes difficult to manage work and studies. I have completely lost my 'connect' with studies and it seems a hard row to hoe. I work in MNC and I am not interested in PSU jobs. I want to pursue higher studies (from a reputed good institution) and I understand it needs dedication and consistency to achieve much higher percentile. I need your advice CEans, all those who have appeared or preparing for GATE- 2015.

Please help!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Disclaimer: I've not appeared for GATE and will not take the exam in future. But I can offer some advice; based on my experience of doing more important stuff while working.

First - joining a coaching class isn't the proven solution. You need to figure out what's keeping you from achieving your dream score in mock GATE prep tests. If it's the deeper understanding of the topics - then you need to explore your options of developing your knowledge. Joining classes may be one of the solutions to the problem.

If the problem is about way of attempting tests, then you should be able to take up as many mock tests as you can.

If you are weak in some areas, you need to figure out what areas you need preparation on.

In a nutshell, you need to figure out the root problem and then find out the most suitable fix.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one help me with a code for html form having the following format?? Please Name:................ Email:.................... Tel:................... Meessage.................... and 3 check boxes
how to select a specified concrete compressive strength( f'c) for a designing bulding or ...?
Hello I had been through a paper on Web based voting system which suggests a method to cast vote online and then encrypt the vote and also add a digital...
Can anyone suggest thesis topics for M-Tech on forensics data analysis??
According to a group of researchers from Canada, energy can be harvested while performing the activities such as talking, chewing, and eating. To generate electricity from such jaw movements, the...