GATE 2015 - Unable to upload Photograph/Signature even when it is as per specification

Hi there,
I'm in a dilemma here ๐Ÿ˜”
I've read the specifications for uploading the files and made the photo, sign and certificate. Still the error shows up in the application process.

Can anyone who has experienced this already, help me with it..
I have the
Photo at 480x640 - 61.6kB
Signature at 420x120 - 39.6kB
PDF certificate at 178kB

Am I wrong anywher? Please help.
Thanks for your time.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    First of all, Signature pixel res should be between 80x280 to 160x560. Yours doesn't fit the criteria.
    Screenshot from 2014-10-05 10:18:33

Secondly, decrease the resolution (remember min is 240x320) upto the extent when the image size reduces <= 50 kB
  • Andrew John
    Andrew John
    I meant the signature pixels are
    Width - 420 px
    Height - 120 px
    Is it wrong?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Andrew John
    I meant the signature pixels are
    Width - 420 px
    Height - 120 px
    Is it wrong?
    Width cannot exceed 160p (min = 80p) & Height cannot exceed 560p (min = 280p)
    As you're using 420x120p, you're failing in matching both criteria of W & H.
  • Andrew John
    Andrew John
    Ok. I get it. So the signature needs to be in portrait mode? I felt it was landscape from the GATE sample signatures.
  • Andrew John
    Andrew John
    SOLVED!
    The problem was not with the dimensions or resolution.
    I tried it in another browser (Firefox) with the same pics and it worked out PERFECT.
    Don't know what was wrong in Chrome.

Thanks Abhishek for your patient replies.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Andrew John
    SOLVED!
    The problem was not with the dimensions or resolution.
    That's weird, because if we look at criteria in GATE brochure & resolution you've used for signature; it's just unacceptable.

Anyways, we're glad that you were able to upload it. ๐Ÿ˜
  • cubancigar11
    cubancigar11
    Abhishek Rawal
    That's weird, because if we look at criteria in GATE brochure & resolution you've used for signature; it's just unacceptable.

Anyways, we're glad that you were able to upload it. ๐Ÿ˜
    So, are you saying that the image should be in portrait mode? Please clarify because as it is your statement is very confusing.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    cubancigar11
    So, are you saying that the image should be in portrait mode? Please clarify because as it is your statement is very confusing.
    Screenshot from 2014-10-05 10:18:33
  • cubancigar11
    cubancigar11
    I just submitted my signature. The image does NOT need to be in portrait mode.

Here are the steps:
    1. Scan the image in 200 dpi - this generated a file in TIFF format for me.
    2. Open it in IrfanView
    3. If you want to align the box correctly, use 'Edit -> Show fixed grid' and 'Image -> Custom/Fine rotation'
    5. Select the 7cmx2cm box and use 'Edit -> Crop selection (Cut out)'
    4. Use 'Image -> Resize/Resample', unselect 'Preserve Aspect Ratio (proportional)', set new size as Width: 560, Height: 165. Leave DPI as 200.
    5. 'File -> Save As', save JPEG, quality 100.
    6. Try uploading several times if it doesn't work the first time. Try logging-in again and then uploading instead of trying in the save form again and again.

HTH
  • Sumit Bhadra
    Sumit Bhadra
    when i am trying to upload the pdf file for Certificate from Principal/HOD its saying that "Upload failed! File uploaded is not as per specification"...so plz help me I am in great trouble now....plz anyone kindly help me...in what shuld the criteria for uploading the pdf file....
  • cubancigar11
    cubancigar11
    Keep trying... :/ That is how it worked for me...

Try uploading several times if it doesn't work the first time. Try logging-in again and then uploading instead of trying in the save form again and again.
  • deepsea123
    deepsea123
    Hi
    I have been trying to submit my application for gate 2015 since yesterday.... am still not able to submit as the choice of exam city 2 and city 3 drop down list is not coming. so am not able to select any city. Have uploaded photo, sign, and certificate. Please help.
  • Gaurav Tak
    Gaurav Tak
    Yes, the select exam city 2 and 3 drop down list is not working.
    Just open the site on a mobile browser and it will definitely work.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aditya aman
    aditya aman
    hi...my signature is not completely displayed in application form...why?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    When uploading image of the signature -
    1. The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 800 x 300.
    2. The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 400 x 150.
  • microgate
    microgate
    I am facing the problem while uploading the signature.My image is width 150p and height 514 p with size 15 kb.Can anyone help?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    microgate
    I am facing the problem while uploading the signature.My image is width 150p and height 514 p with size 15 kb.Can anyone help?
    It should be the other way round.

For GATE Signature -
    400 px = width
    150 px = height
  • Allen2015
    Allen2015
    n
  • Allen2015
    Allen2015
    Uploading the signature is giving me serious headache. It took half of my day trying to figure it out. I must have created more than 20 pictures, with different resolutions. In the form, it says maximum pixel resolution 160 x 560 and minimum pixel resolution 80 x 280. The width has to be between 80 and 160 and the height has to be between 280 and 560.

The lady above has written: For GATE Signature -
    400 px = width
    150 px = height.

How is that?

Anyway, for safe side I created images of all the possible resolutions. In JPG format, file size between 12-13kb.

160 X 560
    560 X160
    80 X160
    160 X 80
    85 X 170
    170 X 80 etc
    None are working, when I upload, it says "Signature is not as per the given Resolution/Aspect ratio specification!"

I created these images using picassa, paint and freeonlinephotoeditor.
    Could anyone here please point out what I am doing wrong. I would be very grateful to the genius who can fix this problem. Oh, I tried different web browser as well, still not working.
  • microgate
    microgate
    Thank You
  • Swapnil Narvekar
    Swapnil Narvekar
    Hi Allen,
    maximum pixel resolution 160 x 560 means - Your image should be of width - 560 and height - 160. it is other way round.I faced the same problem.I was able to resolve by keeping it with this dimension.Your image should be - Width : 560 and Height : 160
  • Swapnil Suman
    Swapnil Suman
    Allen2015
    Uploading the signature is giving me serious headache. It took half of my day trying to figure it out. I must have created more than 20 pictures, with different resolutions. In the form, it says maximum pixel resolution 160 x 560 and minimum pixel resolution 80 x 280. The width has to be between 80 and 160 and the height has to be between 280 and 560.

The lady above has written: For GATE Signature -
    400 px = width
    150 px = height.

How is that?

Anyway, for safe side I created images of all the possible resolutions. In JPG format, file size between 12-13kb.

160 X 560
    560 X160
    80 X160
    160 X 80
    85 X 170
    170 X 80 etc
    None are working, when I upload, it says "Signature is not as per the given Resolution/Aspect ratio specification!"

I created these images using picassa, paint and freeonlinephotoeditor.
    Could anyone here please point out what I am doing wrong. I would be very grateful to the genius who can fix this problem. Oh, I tried different web browser as well, still not working.
    Draw a box 7cm X 2cm on a white sheet of paper. Sign within the box in appropriate size so that signature is clear enough. Upload on a computer system. Crop the photo to the borfers of the box.If possible, try to crop the border line of the box. Go to MS Paint. Find for options to edit attributes of the photo (like resize, rotate etc.). Then make the size to 7cm X 2cm. Save (Save As) it. Upload in the form. I hope it works. If the size of photo is not within the limits, you may compress picture by using Microsoft Office Picture Manager which is present with almost any MS Office Suite installed on your system.
  • Thenaruvi
    Thenaruvi
    I am unable to upload my certificate from principal. It's saying laiku "upload a vadil eligibility certificate of PDF format". Pls help me out
  • Thenaruvi
    Thenaruvi
    I am unable to upload my certificate from principal. It's saying like "upload a valid eligibility certificate of PDF format" again and again. Pls help me out
  • Swapnil Narvekar
    Swapnil Narvekar
    could you please tell me the size of the file which you are uploading. it must be between 10 kb and 300 kb
  • Arghyadeep Sarkar
    Arghyadeep Sarkar
    i am not able to upload my signature although i have resized it to 80x280 pixels. my file size is 15.3kb. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Thenaruvi
    Thenaruvi
    Swapnil Narvekar
    could you please tell me the size of the file which you are uploading. it must be between 10 kb and 300 kb
    72kb, PDF format only
  • Allen2015
    Allen2015
    Thank you guys for the response. After wasting half of my day trying to upload the signature, I asked my sister's friend how she uploaded the signature. I asked her to send the signature she uploaded.

She had uploaded the signature of 90 X 27. Hmmm... I thought, if it worked for her, it should work for me, Voila, it did. Guys, if you are still unable to upload signature, please create the image with 90 width and 27 height. Problem solved.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That's really helpful. Thanks for the tip. I hope others find it out here and get helped.
  • Murugesan Eswaran
    Murugesan Eswaran
    Hi All,
    I was also facing same issue. Finally got it. No need round the world, simple step is there in the GATE site itself. Go to FAQ section, click Signature related FAQ and download the sample.

Once done Open it in paint and paste your signature that you are having in the system. Don't change sample signature's dimension instead change your signature's dimension if needed.

FAQ link : #-Link-Snipped-#

Thank you.
  • Murugesan Eswaran
    Murugesan Eswaran
    Sorted Out!!

Please go to FAQ section where you will be able to see sample signature. Save & Open the same in Paint and paste your signature, save and upload. That's it.

FAQ Link : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PARAS J PATEL
    PARAS J PATEL
    guys juz set width 280 px nd height 80 px in paint...it'll work
  • PARAS J PATEL
    PARAS J PATEL
    open your scanned "sign" in "paint" then select it,set width 280px, height 80 px(deselect maintain aspect ratio)
  • Raj Anil
    Raj Anil
    how to adjust maximum pixel resolution 160*560 and minimum pixel resolution 80*280?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir Engineers, do you have any ideas how to calibrate gas sensor mq2 using pic microcontrollers?? Any schematic or circuit for these projects? Thanks..
I have read that , best text book for propulsion is gas turbines , by many of my friends , what do you suggest me friends ?
In a groundbreaking research work at the Ohio State University, a team from the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has come up with a new device that works as a...
I have been many times warned by my parents for switching the charger on for whole night for charging my smart phone , It would just take 2 hours from...
With fingerprint sensors only now entering our mobile devices, it's time for other secure authentication techniques to arrive in the latest software on our computers. Keeping up with fast pace...