[GAMING] Creating the CE Clan

Yo guys! Looks like there are some gamers here at CE. How often do you guys play online though? Perhaps we can create some clans for specific genre of games and kick some butts!

The aims for this are:

• To gather CEans to play against each other online (intra clan)
  • To create CE Clans to play against other teams around the world (inter clan)
What games do you think are suitable for online gaming? Shooters and RTS games are usually the most popular ones for clan gaming.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Games
See list here:
List Of Open Source Games (I will update after I check which ones are suitable for multiplayer gaming)

Travian (browser based)- #-Link-Snipped-#

Notice: Raj is organizing a team for us to play this game, starting on 17th April. It is a strategy game in which you build up a village. Check out the website for more details. Please post here if you are interested in joining the CE Alliance!
Experience is not required ๐Ÿ˜€

Team list for Travian:
1) Raj
2) Ash
3) Komputergeek

Patty's Note: When you register here, select your location as SW or South West whatever the case. This will ensure that everyone will be in the same region. Also try to register as early as possible.
I will be playing as Teutons. It would be nice if we have a mixture the three different civilizations. Send me some resources as you go about the game as I would be needing them to build an embassy and start an alliance as early as possible.
CEan Commercial Games list:

Strategy (RTS & Turn based)
AOE-2: Raj
Galactic Civilizations 2: Ash
Ground Control II: Ash
Medieval 2 Total War: Ash
Nexus The Jupiter Incident: Ash

Shooter (1st & 3rd)
Counterstrike Source: adinickluv
Hitman 1,2,3,4: Raj

Sports & Racing
Fifa 2007: Raj
NFS MW: Raj
NFS Carbon: Raj

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Re: Creating the CE Clan

Nice idea. I would love to play AOE-2 The Conquerors against CEans.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Thats a good classic game.

How about we list all the games we currently have? Preferable original ones since they work best online. Then we can match up! I'll compile the list and update it at the first post.

Also, I certainly wouldnt mind getting games if they are affordable. Classic titles are usually the case!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Currently only AOE-2 installed on my PC.
    I have CDs of
    NFS MW, Carbon
    Hitman 1,2,3,4
    Fifa 2007
    and a few others
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Good start. We can also aim for free games online. Believe me, there are a lot of great open sources games out there to download ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

We can create accounts on games like Travian and Ikarium. Travian would be best.
    These are Strategy games. I have been playing them for some months now. Will be able to create a CE alliance there.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Yeah sure, that would be a good idea as well. Anyone else suggest free online gaming communities too?

Here's a list of free open source games. This includes everything from strategy to shooters.
    List Of Open Source Games

Nexuiz is a fun 3D shooter game, and looks great for multiplayer!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain

We are considering only online game or PC installed games as well...
    The gmaes listed above are not online. Are they?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Ok guys. A new server on Travian will begin on 17 April. Preregistrations will start tomorrow. If everyone is interested, we can play there. We will be playing against around 20,000 guys.
    I have met many people through such games.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

We are aiming for games that can be played online, whether they are installed or browser based. I will try to update the list to see which ones can actually play multiplayer ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Here is a link to the site #-Link-Snipped-#

The server that will begin on 17th April is Server 2

Registrations begin tomorrow. Whoever are interested can post their approval here. I wil coordinate it in such a way that most of the players will have villages in the same region and within close range from other fellow CEans.
    We can and will win it. It is a strategy game and we need to ensure a solid start to win it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

I'm in dude! Looks pretty interesting.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Two player already, me and Ash.

The clock of the game is GMT.

We have to choose from 3 tribes, Gauls, Teutons and Romans.
    Teutons max. Offense
    Romans around 50-50
    Gauls max. Defense

During registration select your region as S-W or South West. All of us will be in the South West. That will make things interesting. After everyone has registered, post your tribe type here and I will post a guide for each tribe.
  • Differential
    Differential

I haven't played any of the games listed above! Feeling awkward ! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Then you should try it. Gaul will be better for you, it is easy to play and you won't lose many resources. I have played this game for a while and mark my words, you need an alliance to survive there. We would have an edge as we won't be bothered with making friends with others and trying to get a place in an alliance. We already know each other. We can make friends with those who will join us. You can play without a team as an individual but i is very difficult and only experienced players can handle it.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek

Count me in.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek

what about this : #-Link-Snipped-# ? Anyone interested?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Let us leave Imperia for a while. The game has already started their in all worlds and it has no guaranty that we will be placed near each other.

We have 3 players for Travian Server-2 Me, Ash and Komputergeek. It is free guys.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Do you recommend a mix of different tribes, Patty?
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    ash
    Yo guys! Looks like there are some gamers here at CE. How often do you guys play online though? Perhaps we can create some clans for specific genre of games and kick some butts!

The aims for this are:

• To gather CEans to play against each other online (intra clan)
    • To create CE Clans to play against other teams around the world (inter clan)
    What games do you think are suitable for online gaming? Shooters and RTS games are usually the most popular ones for clan gaming.

Free Games
    See list here:
    List Of Open Source Games (I will update after I check which ones are suitable for multiplayer gaming)

Travian (browser based)- #-Link-Snipped-#

Notice: Raj is organizing a team for us to play this game, starting on 17th April. It is a strategy game in which you build up a village. Check out the website for more details. Please post here if you are interested in joining the CE Alliance!
    Experience is not required ๐Ÿ˜€

Team list for Travian:
    1) Raj
    2) Ash
    3) Komputergeek

CEan Commercial Games list:

Strategy (RTS & Turn based)
    AOE-2: Raj
    Galactic Civilizations 2: Ash
    Ground Control II: Ash
    Medieval 2 Total War: Ash
    Nexus The Jupiter Incident: Ash

Shooter (1st & 3rd)
    Hitman 1,2,3,4: Raj

Sports & Racing
    Fifa 2007: Raj
    NFS MW: Raj
    NFS Carbon: Raj

Dont you guys have Counter strike in your game list..
    Im very fond of that game but never played it online..actually i was never able to connect to internet in the game..so can uyou guys help in this..
    I ve a "counter strike source"..๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    added CS Source on the list. I think there should be other CEans who have it. I've only played the old CS at internet cafes ๐Ÿ˜‰

Regarding the connectivity issue, start a new thread in the Hobby Section. We'll try to help you out ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    1st post of this thread updated.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    I am a big fan of counter strike 1.6.Have won some small tournaments of 1.6.
    Ready to play in CE clan.
  • safwan
    safwan
    hay can we have GTA ?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    For those who will be registering in the Server-2 of Travian. I repeat again registrations open tomorrow.
    Post your in-game user name here, so that it will be easy for us to track you down. Also mention your Tribe.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    @Ash: It would be good if you chose to be Gaul.

The game would feel slow in the beginning, but as your village grows, things will begin to heat up.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Btw Patty, can you start a new thread dedicated to the Travian game? ๐Ÿ˜€ Just copy paste all the notices and stuff. That way you can post all the guides as well. We'll use this thread to discuss other possible games we can play.

komputergeek
    I am a big fan of counter strike 1.6.Have won some small tournaments of 1.6.
    Ready to play in CE clan.
    Man.. fond memories of the free CS 1.6 (non steam version)! When wireless internet was first introduced at my high school during my A levels, I infected everyone with CS addiction by passing around the CS 1.6 installer. Some students even played it during class on their laptops, against other students as far as the library. Crazy times.. ๐Ÿ˜›

Anyway, holding a CS 1.6 tourney might be possible.. but we need a lot of us playing it. CS isnt a deathmatch game, so it needs many people to make it enjoyable. Also, we'll need to play the Non steam version.. or else we need to have a valid copy of Half Life installed.
    - [DOWNLOAD]https://www.fragbase.ca/

Another possible game is Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory [260 MB]. Its free and the graphics are good. Its sorta like Call of Duty/Battlefield kind of game.
    - [INFO] Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
    - [DOWNLOAD] Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (full install) - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download

If there are only a few CEans available, then deathmatch games would make more sense.

CodeRED: Alien Arena [200 MB] is a good possibility. I havent tried it, but it seems a lot of tournaments have been held already... so its a stable open source game. Its sort of a blend of Quake 3 and UT!
    - [DOWNLOAD] #-Link-Snipped-#

I'm thinking for those who are interested in a quake or unreal tournament style of multiplayer game, CodeRED would make perfect sense. Its free, can run on multiple platforms.. so any of us should be able to download and play it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Done. Here is the link to the thread.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    ash
    Man.. fond memories of the free CS 1.6 (non steam version)! When wireless internet was first introduced at my high school during my A levels, I infected everyone with CS addiction by passing around the CS 1.6 installer. Some students even played it during class on their laptops, against other students as far as the library. Crazy times.. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Almost same here.We used to bunk all lectures,practicals,tests for CS.Had 3 backlogs in second year because of that.

ash
    Anyway, holding a CS 1.6 tourney might be possible.. but we need a lot of us playing it. CS isnt a deathmatch game, so it needs many people to make it enjoyable. Also, we'll need to play the Non steam version.. or else we need to have a valid copy of Half Life installed.
    - [DOWNLOAD]https://www.fragbase.ca/
    Even if we have a clan of 5,we can play matches with others (non CEans).
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ok, Lets first try creating a FPS CE Clan. Who is interested in joining it? I tried the CodeRED game, it was quite awesome. I suggest you all try it out first ๐Ÿ˜€ To play offline against bots, click on the 2nd shortcut (the quickplay one).

So, we'll narrow the game list down to free ones, as that would be more accessible since anyone can download them easily.

1) Counterstrike 1.6 Non Steam
    2) CodeRED: Alien Arena

Anyone else got other suggestions?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, i m doing electronics and communication engg 4th sem ,i want to do 2 months industrial training ,you plz suggest n help where i do this training
As I wrote in my previous post about the PragueCrunch meetup, I was seriously impressed by what the people behind online language training service Learn10 are up to, so here's...
Hello i am in second year and i have software engineering as my subject can anyone tell me tips for making a goos dfd or srs or er diagram related...
I got this link, though I haven't tried it. Let me know how it works and if it helps. AutoRun patch a long time coming for XP users
hello everyone m a student of 2 year n pursuing electronics engineering. if anyone could take out time and answer my queries i will be grateful.