Galaxy Note 2 Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 Firmware Upgrade Available In India

The wait, that seemed to last for centuries, is now over. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users in India are now officially receiving the Android Kit Kat (4.4.2) firmware upgrade OTA (over the air) and through Kies software. Those who are upgrading for the first time might want to backup their important data (contacts, music, videos and photos etc.) on their computers or cloud accounts. The upgrade process is quite straightforward. We recommend that you should upgrade via Kies. Just plug-in your phone to your computer via USB cable and launch Kies. Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be all good.

OTA upgrade is quite easy too. Make sure you that your phone is hooked on to a strong Wi-Fi signal. Go to your phone's Settings -> More -> About device -> Software update and check for new update. Your Note II should automatically start downloading the latest firmware. The 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade is ~417 MB in size and may take quite some time to download.

Note-2-KitKat

There's nothing drool worthy in the new upgrade, but two most noticeable things are the lag-less UI browsing and better memory management. A lot of users have already reported that they're getting more battery juice after upgrading to Kit Kat. Here's a snapshot of the new features in Android Kit Kat for Galaxy Note 2.
  1. The icons in the navigation panel are now white in color.
  2. There's new camera option on the lock-screen for quick access to camera (Good Job, Samsung!)
  3. Multi-window now has new multi-tasking option
  4. FM radio interface has been redesign from ground-up.
  5. Album art invades entire lockscreen.
  6. Refreshed icons : SMS, Settings etc.
  7. New keyboard with smilies; a la WhatsApp messenger
  8. Better looking calculator app
Few of the users have been reporting that their phones began working abnormally after the ugprade; with display going blank and applications taking minutes to open. The suggested fix in such a case is to restart your phone 2-3 times and see if problem stays. If it does; it's time to take your phone to Samsung's Service Center.

Wishing you all the best with your new Kit Kat. Do share your experience with us through comments below.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Any clues if Samsung would be rolling the latest android firmware to its Oldie flagship products, umm or should I ask if Galaxy S2, S3 would be getting it ever ??

#-Link-Snipped-# - Did you get a chance to help yourself with the latest firmware? what are your thoughts about the same?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I found the following list of Samsung Galaxy Phones which will get Kit Kat firmware upgrade -
    • Galaxy Note 3
    • Galaxy S4
    • Galaxy S4 Active
    • Galaxy S4 Mini
    • Galaxy S4 Zoom
    • Galaxy Note II
    • Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
    • Galaxy Note 10.1
    • Galaxy Note 8.0
    • Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
    • Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
    • Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    • Galaxy Mega 6.3
    • Galaxy Mega 5.8
    • Galaxy Grand
    • Galaxy Express 2
    I'm not sure if this is the full list.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Samsung Galaxy Note is not on the list? 😭

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

University of Oxford researchers have become successful in developing new high-efficiency solar cells at lower costs than at what they are currently manufactured. The trick that helped them achieve this...
SanDisk, one of the leading companies in the world that manufacture flash storage devices, has announced world's first 128GB MicroSD card for Indian markets. The card isn't cheap though. Priced...
Hey guys, I don't generally write this kind of reviews but this incident really pissed me off. This is the first time I've been having a bad experience with snapdeal...
HI CEans. I am facing a issue here. I am using a Yashica Digi Cam and Its loaded with Kingston 4GB sd card. When I am using it in cam,...
i am create a new bot