Furnace control using LabView

Hi everyone.
I'm working on a project in which i need to control the temperature of a furnace using NI Labview software. Generally in a furnace there is a Eurotherm Controller installed - as shown in picture (2000 or 3000 series).
I've searched and found that RS 485 module from the eurotherm controller can be converted into RS 232 and can be used. If yes, i want to Know which of the eurotherm controller models can be used to be interfaced with Labview or if there is another method as the controller is not bought yet and would like to go specifically for the one that can be easily interfaced and programmed to control the furnace since it is the main purpose of the project.euro 2408 .

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the Eurotherm is a controller why do you need NI in addition?

Write to or call the Bangalore NI R&D centre for advice.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • timalg
    timalg
    aki.4517
    Hi everyone.
    I'm working on a project in which i need to control the temperature of a furnace using NI Labview software. Generally in a furnace there is a Eurotherm Controller installed - as shown in picture (2000 or 3000 series).
    I've searched and found that RS 485 module from the eurotherm controller can be converted into RS 232 and can be used. If yes, i want to Know which of the eurotherm controller models can be used to be interfaced with Labview or if there is another method as the controller is not bought yet and would like to go specifically for the one that can be easily interfaced and programmed to control the furnace since it is the main purpose of the project.euro 2408 .
    Hi
    aki.4517
    Hi everyone.
    Hi Aki 4517 did you find a solution?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any one suggest a good magazine name for our college ece department....AANd also logo
Does your brain stimulate in the name of high-end graphics games? Are you critical about choosing the best video expansion card or gaming laptop to spend hours in playing AC...
Early in the month of December, 2016, WhatsApp introduced GIF support and allowed its users to exchange GIF files on Android devices. Now WhatsApp has recently rolled out its latest...
Being an army-kid, Sandeep Mittal spent most of his childhood days travelling across the country and enjoying the cantonment life to the hilt. After completing his engineering from VIT Pune,...
Hello everyone! I am a french business school student in Paris and I work part-time as a salesperson in an IT company. I am doing my thesis on the subject...