Funding and Flipkart

Flipkart continues to remain the poster boy of the Indian Startup world. The Flipkart story so far has been 'movie-like' : two young entrepreneurs created a company out of their small house and then at one point it became a $15B company. But now, it looks like all the time, the company was being run not by its founders but its investors!

Tiger Global, one of the top investors in Flipkart has moved Binny Bansal from the lead role at Flipkart and has replaced him with Kalyan Krishnamurthy; a Tiger Global man. The company continues to make losses and there's no sign of the company going public. To top all of its fears, the top rival Amazon continues to pump-in more money in its Indian business and acquire more customers.

The road doesn't look smooth for Flipkart.

I've always wondered if raising funds from external investors is the right way to run a business. Yep - there are several cases where it works wonders; but then you see how things turn out for redbus, housing and others.

What's your take on Flipkart and its funding?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Flipped the apple cart?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone. I'm working on a project in which i need to control the temperature of a furnace using NI Labview software. Generally in a furnace there is a Eurotherm...
Any one suggest a good magazine name for our college ece department....AANd also logo
Does your brain stimulate in the name of high-end graphics games? Are you critical about choosing the best video expansion card or gaming laptop to spend hours in playing AC...
Early in the month of December, 2016, WhatsApp introduced GIF support and allowed its users to exchange GIF files on Android devices. Now WhatsApp has recently rolled out its latest...
Being an army-kid, Sandeep Mittal spent most of his childhood days travelling across the country and enjoying the cantonment life to the hilt. After completing his engineering from VIT Pune,...