Fresher Job As DBA - Tough To Get?

Hi sir,
I am a 2015 pass out B.Tech fresher looking for a job. but most of the small scale companies asked for certification and if i apply for any MNc then they dont response . And my deep interest is with Database and also in Testing. but some people say that it is quite tough for fresher to get a job as a DBA. In this situation i am very confused about which path i should choose???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. I hope you will enjoy CE and get all the help you are seeking. Be active on CE and contribute to discussions 😀

Ankushmishra
    And my deep interest is with Database and also in Testing. but some people say that it is quite tough for fresher to get a job as a DBA
    You are lucky to know about your interests. Your ideal job profile would be a database tester; which could be difficult to achieve for a fresh graduate. But as you'd guess - getting into ideal career is a long term game; which may demand about 3-4 years of passionate pursuit.

I'd recommend that you should first try to get a job as a database administrator or software QA in any company that you can get into. If they demand certification; go for it. Spend a few months in that profile and see if you are really enjoying it. Just be aware that database administrator and a database tester are two different profiles altogether. So switching could be difficult.

Fix a path - either DBA or QA. I personally would recommend QA, because that leaves some scope for you to get into database testing at a later point in your career (about 3-4 years after you gain expertise as a QA). Switching from DBA to QA would be more difficult as it requires a very different skills-set.
  • Ato Z
    Ato Z
    what are the opportunities for career growth as DBA?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Heartiest congratulations to CEan @Ankita Katdare on passing the Japanese advance level N2 exam! The N2 level is quite difficult to crack and requires lot of preparation. Ankita - tell...
i m in the final year of my b.tech program and i have made a project on online blog system using asp.net .what are the possible interview questions that can...
Hello Engineers, Can you share some information about fluid mechanics? What is role in Engineering ? something more and more. I hope for positive response 😀 Thanks in Advance, Ankush...
Wireless Range Extenders have become necessary companions, even for the most modern routers. The strength of wireless signal drastically reduces if they encounter walls or other obstacles and hence it...
Just came to know that www.google.com/foobar/ is Google's hidden recruiting website. The things aren't very straightforward, obviously. Here's how I think it works:- Google keeps track of what information you...