Free Webinar On Cyber Security Awareness Only For CEans!

Cyber Security is a very interesting topic and the awareness about the topic is almost non-existent. We're planning to get an expert to deliver a 60 - 90 minute webinar free of cost to our members! Following will be the overall agenda for the webinar -

1. Introduction to Information Technology Security
2. What is Cyber Crime?
3. Threats to Individual, organization and companies
4. Cyber Security Challenges
5. How to protect yourself
6. Whom to Approach and How to Report Cyber Crimes
7. IT Act 2000 (LAW)
9. Do's and Don'ts
10. Career Prospects in the Cyber Security Domain

Session Goals:

a) Bring awareness amongst people about cyber security.
b) Make sure that people do not indulge into unethical activities.
c) Protect data from falling into wrong hands.
d) Protect people from becoming prey to cyber-crime.
f) Bring awareness about stringent Cyber laws

There will be time for question and answers so that you can get your queries answered. I personally believe everyone who is curious about cyber security and wants to understand what's involved should take advantage of this opportunity.

We'll need a batch of at least 25 interested candidates to arrange for the webinar. We'll schedule a time that suits most of you on the coming weekend.

Comment 'AYE' to tell us that you are interested in attending the webinar. I repeat, we'll need at least 25 entries to launch the webinar.

Replies

• Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    AYE .. Saturday.. 11 am..
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    AYE
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    How it will be organised?
    will it be a online session or will take place in any venue?

Going to share this thread !!!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Aye...
    I am in for any free knowledge 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    How it will be organised?
    will it be a online session or will take place in any venue?

Going to share this thread !!!
    Most likely through Google Hangout. We're considering other options as well.
    i am interested but lack of speed internet connection makes me sad.Please record the session and upload it on YouTube if possible !!!!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am IN πŸ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Most likely through Google Hangout. We're considering other options as well.
    Google hangout would only allow at the most 10 people. So, including trainer, only 9 people would be able to join, rest can have option to view live stream, if the creator of hangout selects so.

There are other sites which are better to handle a bunch of people on webinar. Plus it give privileges to owner of webinar to mute students, give voice etc. Also trainer can view who has the window of the webinar still opened up, and who's cheating or sleeping or doing some other work. (though can't see what other work, just know the status of the window)

Lastly, Aye, but may be πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally have never used Hangouts. I think we can use YouTube to broadcast hangouts on air πŸ˜€ . But would definitely love suggestions on freeware.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    AYE! I am in! I use the Google Hangout and max people can involved are only 10. So think of something else.

Just see the below URL for an idea.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Aye me too
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have used WebEx in corporate setup and it works great. Alas, it is not freeware. $49 per month I hear.

And yay! The webinars are back.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I am more inclined towards using youtube live broadcast. πŸ˜€
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    AYE!!!! πŸ˜€
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That would be nice.
    I shall give the confirmation once the timing is finalised. Weekend works for me.
  • sandeep kumar singh
    sandeep kumar singh
    AYE
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Then those who are in the hangout can interact with trainer as per audio/voice availability, and rest who are watching live telecast can comment on the video for their questions, and trainer can take them up in different intervals.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We will embed thr video here in a discussion and keep all the questions in text form. That would be more useful. Lets find out more options for the delivery of the webinar.
  • Akash Yadav
    Akash Yadav
    AYE πŸ˜€
  • Bhargavi A Kulkarni
    Bhargavi A Kulkarni
    I would surely be a part of this. Let me know how to use this facality, I have never used the Google Hangouts for video conferencing before.
  • RAJ KUMAR JANGRE
    RAJ KUMAR JANGRE
    AYE
  • kikky
    kikky
    i need some latest research paper on the domain datamining
  • monkey_007
    monkey_007
    If it is in weekend then I am IN . πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it's going to be on weekend.
  • lal
    lal
    If a dedicated thread will be made for asking questions, hangouts may be forgotten, I believe. It should be available to people who don't have a google account too. Or what is the point! Youtube broadcast seems good. There are other services too - Bambuser, UStream, Justin.tv
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can someone suggest a free webinar service that allows sharing of slides as well?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can someone suggest a free webinar service that allows sharing of slides as well?
    Not sure how is this but heard about this one few months back.
    Visit it :- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rachel caroline
    Rachel caroline
    AYE πŸ˜€
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    HUM BHI AYE!!!

GoToMeeting Works fine for this!. And It's free to my knowledge!
  • Swapnil Suman
    Swapnil Suman
    AYE
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    AYE.. Im in...!!
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    #-Link-Snipped-# Free Webinar Software. Not Sure how reliable it is..
    Check out #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please use full username while tagging. πŸ˜€. Will check out all the suggested options.
  • Nikita Madhyan
    Nikita Madhyan
    AYE.....πŸ‘

if u r using ppts to present webinar then you can upload ppt coz it will be easy for us to get it anytime....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, all the attendees, please take a note: The webinar will be delivered at 11:00 AM (IST) on Sunday, August 3. The webinar will be delivered by Mr. Rahul Jamgade, owner of DataCepts. He's a CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), RHCE, MCP and CCNA.

The mode of delivery of the webinar is still being figured out. I'll update this thread as soon as it's finalised.

Notifying: #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please take a note of the above update, #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks for notification!
    #-Link-Snipped-# please consider the YouTube or any other file sharing website so that we can grab it.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Seems difficult for me to attend.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    #-Link-Snipped-# What are the prerequisite we need to have like webcam, head phones with mic, questionnaire etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You don't need a webcam. Any regular desktop/laptop with speakers will do. Webcam will be useful only if you want to be visible when asking questions. Otherwise, it's similar to your telephone conference.

I'll get the details of the service being chosen for this specific webinar today and I'll post the details. If Google Hangouts On Air is chosen, you should be all set.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Any here?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update:

The webinar will be delivered here: GoTo

The seminar will begin at 11.00 am today. So login at least 5 minutes in advance.
  • lal
    lal
    Connected 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We hope to have at least 10 attendees.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Connected.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    A prompt said that the meeting has ended. πŸ˜”
  • Rachel caroline
    Rachel caroline
    πŸ˜”i got disconnected
  • lal
    lal
    Start again. You can connect now.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Not able to hear Audio
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Great session. Never knew about the laws that the indian govt has in place.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We didn't have the desired attendance. Maybe because free stuff is not very appreciated and taken seriously. πŸ‘Ž

Would love to have opinions and feedback from those who attended.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Finally, attended πŸ˜€

It was a good session. It is always great to expand your knowledge, thanks #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Power cut at my place 😑,
    Can we have recording, please?
  • Rachel caroline
    Rachel caroline
    It was such a great session ! really improved my knowledge about cyber crimes ! Thank youπŸ‘πŸ˜€
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Attend the Session , But unfortunately need to Leave at the time of Questionnaire.

The Session was Very Informative!. had some queries. can we have a new thread regarding the session & ask our queries?
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Sorry. I totally forgot about the time difference between India and Germany.

Free stuff is always appreciated if you are getting good knowledge.
  • lal
    lal
    It was nice. Got to know about many things. Thank you.

I left in the middle too. I guess, it would have been better if the length was cut short. And wished question-answer sessions were there at regular intervals or at the end of each topic.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    had issue with audio.
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    Kaustabh Katdare
    We didn't get desired attendance. Maybe because free stuff is not very appreciated and taken seriously. πŸ‘Ž

Would love to have opinions and feedback from those who attended.
    I was out of town 😭
    Is there a way i can watch the offline
    session.. I mean any recording?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Capturing an object positioned around a corner from a camera seems like an impossible task if you don't have a mirror at hand. Well, no magic tricks involved when it...
Hi Al, This is Gollapinni Karthik from Hyderabad. Currently studying my 3rd Semester of my Masters in University of GΓΆttingen, Germany. Masters in Applied Computer Science Worked as Delivery Associate...
When a baby is born in India, parents usually don’t do infant hearing screen test. There are multiple reasons for it; either the parents are oblivious to such auditory tests,...
Hi, I am presently working as a software engineer with a MNC in NCR and have 3 years of experience. I am planning to take up some part time/correspondence course....
Batteries with Lithium metal anode is what the modern electronics demand to be more powerful to serve all your future electronic empire. A team of researchers from Stanford University has...