Flying Robot Created By '5 Idiots' Being Used In Uttarakhand Rescue Operations

The nature's not being fair in Uttarakhand (India) where the rains have caused havocs and has left the entire state in shambles. The rescue operations (and politics) are in full swing in the state and then there was a recent news of a rescue chopper getting crashed at the sites. Reaching out to devastation spots in Kedarnath, Bhairav Chotti and Jungle Chotti is incredibly difficult. Under such situation, the contribution of 5 idiots* of ideaForge is attention grabbing.

ideaForge's 'Netra' - a flying drone which you all have probably seen in the movie '3 Idiots' is being actively used in surveying the area and gathering real-time intelligence on the ground. This unmanned arian vehicle (UAV) is being flown by paramilitary force ITBP to pick up the images of the devastation in Uttarakhand. It will help the rescue teams locate missing survivors and reach out to them.

slideโ€‹

The Netra UAV has been developed in collaboration with DRDO and is 100% autonomous machine ideal for short range missions. It can be deployed rapidly and is incredibly useful in anti-terrorist operations, counter-insurgency in forested areas, hostage situations, border infiltration monitoring, ariel photography. It weighs just 1.5 Kg and measures 90 cm x 90 cm. Powered by swappable Li-Po batteries, it can carry a payload comprising of daylight camera or thermal camera with pan & tilt control. The machine is designed to operate in the range of 1.5 kilometer and can fly for 30 minutes once charged with a speed of up to 15 knots. We learn that the ideaForge team is currently in Uttarakhand assisting the rescue teams with the operations.

IdeaForge is a creation of 5 IIT Bombay alumni and is in the business of developing alternative energy charging devices for various consumer electronic products. We wish the entire ideaForge team all the best and look forward to receiving updates from them. We have a video of the NETRA UAV in action, do check it out -

โ€‹
โ€‹
* - 'idiots' is inspired from the movie 3 Idiots and the everyone in ideaForge engineering team is arguably 10x smarter than the writer.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    CONGRATS TO OUR FELLOW ENGINEERS AND THEY PROVE WHAT AN ENGINEER CAN ASSIST IN VARIOUS SOCIAL ACTIVITIES.SOON CEaN'S WILL BE CREATING MISSION IMPOSSIBLE WORKS.WAY TO GO MAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN:>
    ๐ŸŽ‰
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    IIT always rocks ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    We should bring these folks on CE!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As promised, Sony has released PS3 4.45 firmware upgrade for all PS3 machines and most importantly, it fixes all the PS3s that were rendered out of commission by the earlier...
The Banihal-Qazigund railway link was inaugurated recently and it's now open for business. The rail-link boasts of India's longest railway tunnel, whooping 11 kilometer long. The tunnel pierces through the...
i am going to participate in a few upcoming fests in different colleges where i want to give a paper presentation and poster presentation too. so i need your help...
I'm finding problem in parsing the xml file using the DOM parser. Where my problem is i have a parent tag called employee, where it's children node are having the...
hello CEans, I'm Shyam kumar completed my B.Tech 3rd year. Now as the requirement of our curriculum i'm doing a Mini-Project in Electronics Corporation of India Limited(E.C.I.L) .There i opted...