Flooding here!

Wow. I remember my boyfriend (who lives 3 1/2 south of me. an hour and a half from the coast) telling me about we weren't going to get CRAP from the hurricane! Well, we're flooded. There's water all the way across the road with 3 foot long catfish swimming across the road. It's so bad, people have boats out. It's knee level in their yards. It hasn't hit our house yet, but then again we're expecting a couple more feet! It always floods a couple feet down the road before it floods at out house! I was telling some people the other day that this part of Monroe floods VERY easy. Well, yeah, it does! It's REALLY bad here! We're having to move our horses because it's going to eventually get to our horse pasture. Yeah, we're moving them all the way to Calhoun. Which is like 45 minutes away. So, just keep us in your prayers that it doesn't get too bad!
[E D I T]
Okay, peoples! The rain has come back and it's about 6 inches to a foot across the road and waste deep in some peoples yards! You can't even get a small car across the road without it getting up in your car! Right across the street is a 50 acre cow pasture and the whole pasture looks like a lake! You can't even see the grass! It's really bad and we're all worried!
And I'll put up pictures as soon as I get them off my dad's camera! You're going to be SHOCKED at what you see! I'm telling you! Everywhere we go, it looks like a lake! The rain is back and we're getting more and more in the red as I type this! I have to go now, because seeing Monroe's past, it's going to be worse, and I need to go help out with stuff for the flood and whatnot! So, just keep us in your prayers as we go through this.
Love you all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Don't worry KJ, every thing will be fine. Just wondering, how is the drainage system there not equipped to take care of that sort or flood? We have been hearing about floods in US for last 2-3 yrs not (post Katrina).

Anyway, the flood is surely keeping you out of the Tee shirt design contest. May be you get an inspiration in the knee deep waters 😛

There's water all the way across the road with 3 foot long catfish swimming across the road. It's so bad, people have boats out.
    Thats interesting. 😁
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    mayurpathak
    Don't worry KJ, every thing will be fine. Just wondering, how is the drainage system there not equipped to take care of that sort or flood? We have been hearing about floods in US for last 2-3 yrs not (post Katrina).

Anyway, the flood is surely keeping you out of the Tee shirt design contest. May be you get an inspiration in the knee deep waters 😛
    Well, no it's not keeping me! I've actually submitted 2 designs! And yeah, I'll be okay. . . I hope!
    Drainage system? I live out in the middle of nowhere, and the land is real low out here!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Check it out! I've got pics now! *see first post*
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ooh, looks pretty bad. Hows the situation now?
  • gohm
    gohm
    We have tropical storm hanna coming through tomorrow so I might have similar pictures =) Next is hurricane Ike...
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    It's getting better.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i had also suffered from Flooding..... in surat 😔 its too bad

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's an interesting article written by Mr. Sanjeev Bhikhchandani, Founder of Naukri.com . I think every aspiring entrepreneur should read it. Source: Wisdom in hindsight: Entrepreneurship - It's not about...
CEans, The situation in Bihar is getting worse day by day. I've been thinking, what can we do to provide help?
As reported by Gigaom here - If You Want To VoIP, Wait Before You Buy Nokia N96 - GigaOM , Nokia N96 is the Swiss army knife of mobile phones!...
Name:Tom *Engineering Trade:Civil engineering (structural) Location: Reno, Nevada *Occupation: Right now, just a full time college student. Work Experience: Two years commercial High Rise Carpenter. *Hobbies & Interests: Music is...
Anyone has seen the new movie Wanted starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman? I did and I liked it. Its full of slam bang action with some amazing...