Flipkart's Flyte Is Digital Media Download Store. Download Mp3 Legally!

The first screenshot of Flipkart's Flyte Digital Media Download Store has been leaked and the enthusiastic CEans can #-Link-Snipped-#. Flipkart had acquired Chapkak - the website that indexed bollywood movies & music and Mime360 - the company that mastered the art of digital content delivery. It was obvious that Flipkart would ultimately launch something on the 'digital downloads' front. Flyte could just be the name of the Flipkart's India iTunes store.

It'd be interesting to follow up how Flipkart makes this service successful. In India, there are 100s of websites available that let you download pirated music free of cost. With the constantly declining prices of broadband in India; it's easier than ever before to stream complete movies, music and videos online from websites like YouTube. I'm quite sure that Flipkart's is going to find it difficult to really attract customers who'll download music legally. I've seen people have hard discs full of MP3 songs and movies and if each song were to be acquired legally; it'd cost them a fortune!

Flyte is expected to offer each mp3 song for Rs. 10. Plus customers will be able to download the song up to 5 times ones it's purchased.

What do you think about this move by Flipkart? Do you think the service will be successful in India? Share your opinion & views in response to this post.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have doubt that anyone listen song on their persnal computer that is legally downloaded.
    and if anyone can't find pirated downloadable song, it is available on youtube official page of the movie.
    Download from youtube and convert into mp3, it's too easy.

Each song @ INR 10 is still costly. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, that's why I mentioned it in our opinion. However, the *real stuff* will only be revealed once the store officially goes live.Flipkart's Mime360 acquisition actually is responsible for the technology behind the Flyte service. Mime360 actually powered the gaana.com service and other similar services (as far as I know).

Flipkart can't mess up with digital content. They're just too big not to get sued over it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    I don't see why 10 rupees is costly.
    If you remember the era of audio cassettes , people would pay 40 rupees for a film album. It would contain 7-8 songs of which one liked only 2-3 in most cases. And 40 rupees in the 1990s is like 120 rupees today.

People will value their music collection more if they have to pay for it. Hence demand for good music will increase and our film makers will give quality music.

I think that one of the reasons why the quality of music being produced has gone down substantially is because not all people pay for their music collection.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I got an official response from Flipkart that the service is launching in about 3-4 weeks. No concrete information on the pricing as of now.

Rupee 10 might be costly for those who want to maintain their song collection (3-4k songs). The only advantage of the digital store over the traditional CD/DVD buying is that people will be able to purchase only the songs they need. No need to buy the entire album just for the sake of owning that 'one' favorite song ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    just checked,
    Flyte digital store, is officially open.

songs from movie Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is @INR 6/song๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    just checked,
    Flyte digital store, is officially open.

songs from movie Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is @INR 6/song๐Ÿ˜€
    You sure? I don't see it yet.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    ๐Ÿ˜•... I just saw music download option few minutes ago.. and even add to card and download option also there.
    Now category gone. and I send a link on chat to friend that they are offering India regional and international songs also.

I think It's in still testing phase.
    But offering song on INR 6 for a song is not bad and one can pay for it in the case someone not find that song to download free.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    ๐Ÿ˜•... I just saw music download option few minutes ago.. and even add to card and download option also there.
    Now category gone. and I send a link on chat to friend that they are offering India regional and international songs also.

I think It's in still testing phase.
    But offering song on INR 6 for a song is not bad and one can pay for it in the case someone not find that song to download free.๐Ÿ˜€
    Paste the link here, if you find it again next time. โ˜•
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    its redirecting to home page now.#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Update:
    Flipkart just gave me INR.200 voucher to buy music๐Ÿ˜.

Review:
    • No need of Flyte downloader, you can just buy music and it will be saved into your library and you can download as many times you can.
    • There are three bit rate quality available 64, 128 and 320 Kbps.
    • Mobile app is a bit tricky so I am downloading on machine and listening it.
    • Bought Life of Pi @ INR.110 but , I need to download songs one by one. No option for whole album download. (I guess my legacy option was easier๐Ÿ˜‰ )

๐Ÿ‘ for flipkart .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They are offering songs each for Rs. 5. That's totally awesome. I got Rs. 200 in my flyte wallet too ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello ceans, can any one give a review on https://www.teleman.in/index.asp(teleman) institute has any one enrolled in this institute and how are the placements?
Exception has two types. Unchecked Exception and Checked Exception. IOException ClassNotFoundException CloneNotSupportedException IllegalAccessException InterruptedException NoSuchFieldException NoSuchMethodException These are Checked Exception. Can you explain each exception with simple example(Error program and...
I want to know what is multi thread in java? I am a computer science engineer. I want to know about it in detail and not just the technical definition....
Iโ€™ve heard someone talked about infrastructure construction. They talked of hatch function in road design. But I donโ€™t know much about road design. Iโ€™m wondering are there anyone who familiar...
A meeting between a four legged predator and a four wheeled photographer! So far robots have been slated as rescuers, hazardous zone workers and such . This one shows a...