Flipkart Same Day Delivery Guarantee - Too Good?

Flipkart has announced the 'Same Day' delivery guarantee, if you are located in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai or Thane. The condition is that you should place your order before 12 noon and Flipkart promises to deliver your order at your on that day itself. Flipkart's so confident that as an introductory offer, they're promising to deliver your order free of cost (up to Rs. 5000) if they are unable to fulfil the promise.

However, the faster service comes at a price and while the regular price is going to be Rs. 200; you can get it for Rs. 140 for a limited time, till April 30. You will get 'Same-Day' delivery option while checking out the items in your shopping cart. Note that the orders are delivered till 9 PM every day.

flipkart-same-day-guarantee

This new, faster deliver service comes in addition to Flipkart's already successful 'In-a-day' delivery guarantee. If you are located in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Nagpur, Agra, Ambala, Bhatinda, Davangree, Hissar, Hubli, Ludhiana, Meerut, Navi mumbai, Panipat, Patiala or Thane, you can get your order delivered the next day, provided you place your order by 6 PM. The charge for in-a-day guarantee is Rs. 90.

Flipkart's been working on improving their delivery model for a long time now and has already established it's own courier service. I've following questions:-
  • Do you think price of Rs. 200 is justified on same day delivery guarantee?
  • Shouldn't Flipkart deliver the goods as soon as they can; anyways, without charing the customer extra for the service?
  • How important it is for you to get your order delivered in shortest possible time?
  • Do you plan to use the service anytime in near future? If yes, what's your reasoning?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    The service charge is high and it would be nice if it is 100rs and i would use it for lastminute bdy gift purchase
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    This is a good move. Having your own logistics service can do wonders for you and Flipkart has proved it time and again. I think they do try to deliver the items as soon as possible, and I am not sure if it would be possible to have the same day guarantee for every product, even for Flipkart! Plus I guess 200 bucks isn't too much if you are ordering something at 11 and getting it delivered at 6 without moving your ass!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The confidence is remarkable. I think Flipkart must've felt the need among its customers. Like, a lot of people might have requested for such a service.
    3 days back, one of my friends called me to ask if she should order something for her parents on Jabong.
    "They have written 7-8 delivery days", she said. Apparently, she had forgotten her parent's anniversary and now wanted to gift them something as soon as possible.

Another problem she faced was that She had ordered two items. Each had a different delivery date. She wanted to synchronize it so that both gifts reach her home on the same day. Not possible at some e-commerce portals.

'Same Day' delivery guarantee - might come handy to people, who are ready to spend the extra buck, to get the service the way they like it.

For example, people buying clothes or decoration items just a day before some "Big event". I wonder how many are they.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    same day delivery is good, but coast is high.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    That's definitely a need of the day .Customer has to wait from 3 - 10 days to get its product delivered .Now, the same product is being delivered to him the same day. that means the company is making extra efforts (even much more against those extra bugs)to make that happen for its customer.

Its a type of emergency service provided to the customers. (If you want it today pay more or else wait for couple of days)

Well all the TATKAL Schemes (Ticketing, Passport, Medical .. almost everything) are doing it.

Thumbs up for the Service Flipkart.👍
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I really appreciate this initiative taken by Flipkart , as #-Link-Snipped-# said if we had forgotten to order something for any event and don't have time to search in market, will definitely avail this service.As far as delivery charges are concern Rs 200 is not too much as we already get things cheaper on eCommerce sites.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    How about flipkart's move to throw away products (shipping) for free for those who order producta via flipkart mobile app.
    Can we expect it for a longer run or its just an stunt to increase app usage?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI), the company with a popular range of two-wheelers in India, has launched a new variant of its top scooter with Honda Activa 125. The...
India and its economy are going through a very interesting phase in history. These elections are supposed to be the game changer, no matter which party comes to the power....
Lenovo India has come up with a new mid-sized S-series smartphone cum phablet for the Indian market with Lenovo S860. The smartphone runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (which is...
Druva was founded in 2007 by Jaspreet Singh, Ramani Kothandaraman and Milind Borate. A company that builds product for backups and data protection aimed at enterprises that work in a...
A lot of people find it difficult to put the two-wheelers (aka Activa, Scooty, Crystal and so on) on the center-stand on their own. Apparently the most common design of...