Flipkart Ping Invites & Reviews?

Just came to know about Flipkart Ping - an instant messaging service that integrates with the existing Flipkart app to let buyers chat with each other and even with the seller, directly. One of the use case would be to show the product you want to buy to your friends and get their opinion on whether you should buy it or not. For example, if you want to buy a t-shirt; you can quickly share its photo with your friends and get their opinion. Or, say you want to buy a new camera lens, you can get quick advice from your expert photographer friend.

The service however is available only through invite and each person who receives invite, I learn, can send the invite to 10 people. I'm wondering if anyone's got an invite already? I'd also want to know your own views and reviews of the Ping service.

Looking forward to your comments.

Replies

• Niraj Kaushal
    Niraj Kaushal
    It will be awesome.I am interested to use flipkart's IM Service.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This is just a step ahead from competitors, but possibility that it will fail.
    This is quite normal that when you buy something online, you get a quick review from your friends and family. Friends using Flipkart IM can share and give view quickly from Flipkart Ping.
    Only thing skeptical that, if I am able to share the product on Whatsapp or any other IM quickly from mobile why to use Flipkart IM.
    Whatever it is, this a welcome move from Flipkart. Trying something which is never been tested. 👍
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I defer with the opinion a bit.
    Per me, this may be a mega hit. If I read between the lines that says that flipkart IM will be used to take opinion with friends and also talk to Seller. Before buying anything, sometimes I have 100's of questions and I wish to talk to seller. This will allow me to do so.

Another perspective, many a times, when one can not talk to seller they go ahead and buy the product only to return it when it doesn't meet their needs. This facility will allow us to clear our doubts at much earlier stage and we may not order and return the product to save some bucks for flipkart logistics. Who knows only this will get them the ROI on this feature?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Now I can cuss the sellers for their poor service, in real time. 😁😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are my options to pursue an MS in automotive engineering and a career in the same? I'm a final year mechanical engineering student from a not so good college...
In my experience of travelling with a smartphone whose battery is dying, I've found that is the phone's using 3G, the battery dies faster as against when it is on...
Panasonic India has introduced its all new smartphone in the Eluga series with a unique feature that lets you use it even by holding upside down to make calls. This...
Born in a middle class family in Gurgaon, both of Jiten's parents worked in the Government education sector and no one in his family had ever done any sort of...
Meet C-Researcher 3 - the world's first of its kind, transparent submersible developed by U-Boat Worx (UBW); capable of diving to depth of about 1.7 km (5577 ft). This futuristic...