Flipkart First Review: Advantages, Benefits & Subscription Charges

Flipkart has announced the launch of Flipkart First - a premium customer subscription service that treats the users as VIPs. While there is no information available about the subscription charges, I thought of compiling a list of advantages of this new service. Those who know about the Amazon Prime service may quickly notice that Flipkart's leaving no stone unturned to match up with Amazon. Let's see how it holds up.

First things first: The Flipkart First subscribers will get 'free in-a-day delivery' guarantee; which otherwise is available for Rs. 90 per order. The company also promises 60 day replacement (regular 30-days). There won't be absolutely no shipping charges for the orders that you put and the customer care executives will provide you with extra smile and attention. Those who love getting pampered would definitely subscribe to the service.

As a promotional offer at the launch, Flipkart's offering 75,000 users free 3-month subscription. Flipkart's encouraging the users to enter their existing account email. No criteria for selection has been specified; but I'm guessing that the most regular customers will get the subscription free of cost.

The subscription charges are yet to be disclosed, but the service is going to be annual one. If you order from Flipkart regularly, you might just want to subscribe to the service. I personally think that Flipkart would charge somewhere around Rs.999 for the service. Do you think that's a great price to pay for all the benefits that you get? Let me know your thoughts.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    It would be a great deal for regular flipkart users.I think the subscription charge is reasonable for a regular user
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    In my opinion Premium customer subscription service is useful for those who order things online very frequently. Minimum purchase of Rs.500 is required for free delivery otherwise some additional charges (depend on seller) have to be paid every-time. Also some people cares about how fast they get their product,with this service item will be delivered next day without additional charges.
    Amazon Prime also offers to share free two day shipping with four other members in your household.Will this also offered by flipkart too?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I just receive a mail that I am Flipkart First Subscriber.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Flipkart First Subscription Service.

Congratulations, you are one among the 75,000 participants who will get this service FREE for the first 3 months.

As part of the service, on Flipkart First eligible products, you will enjoy:

• FREE Next day Deliveries
    • Free shipping on your orders
    • Discounted Same-day-Delivery
    • 60-day Replacement

You will also get Priority Customer Support for all your orders.

We will inform you about the start date of your subscription shortly.

Warm Regards,
    Flipkart Team
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha, looks like they are sending it to almost everyone who subscribed. Got the same mail just a few minutes ago 😀 Will definitely try out.

PS: WHich mean I'll have to spend money on Flipkart. Nice marketing ploy! 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha, looks like they are sending it to almost everyone who subscribed. Got the same mail just a few minutes ago 😀 Will definitely try out.

PS: WHich mean I'll have to spend money on Flipkart. Nice marketing ploy! 😁
    Not Everyone ! 75K but still that is not small number. 😉
    May be they have checked the account and based on the order they have placed they sent invitation. 😒
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Any idea from when we can use this advantage? I just try to purchase one mouse but it still shows shipping cost extra there.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Ok, that makes three CEans so far! 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    Any idea from when we can use this advantage? I just try to purchase one mouse but it still shows shipping cost extra there.
    They're yet to announce the start date of the subscription. Wait for a week to get details from Flipkart.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They're yet to announce the start date of the subscription. Wait for a week to get details from Flipkart.
    Yeah ! Or I will use Flipkart App to get free shipping for 300/- INR. 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, got my "Flipkart First" subscription activated, and it'll continue till September 10. The benefits include-
    • Free Standard Shipping
    • Free In-A-Day Guarantee Delivery
    • Priority Customer Service
    • Discounted Same-Day Delivery at Rs. 70 (Not available in Nagpur as of now)
    The subscription fee is Rs. 500; which looks quite reasonable to me because I'm planning to use Flipkart more often for purchases.

Do you think Rs. 500 is on the higher side or just right?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, got my "Flipkart First" subscription activated, and it'll continue till September 10. The benefits include-
    • Free Standard Shipping
    • Free In-A-Day Guarantee Delivery
    • Priority Customer Service
    • Discounted Same-Day Delivery at Rs. 70 (Not available in Nagpur as of now)
    The subscription fee is Rs. 500; which looks quite reasonable to me because I'm planning to use Flipkart more often for purchases.

Do you think Rs. 500 is on the higher side or just right?
    But all those feature on WS Retail only while there are lot of other seller from where we used to buy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    But all those feature on WS Retail only while there are lot of other seller from where we used to buy.
    Right, and that's an important point to note actually. I think most of my purchases are from WS Retail so it should be all good.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    how to became a premium subscriber??? among the 75,000members :-\
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    how to became a premium subscriber??? among the 75,000members :-\
    Visit this link : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You can become one by paying annual fee of Rs. 500. I think its totally worth if flipkart offers one day delivery at your location and you buy from them frequently. Currently available only on products sold by WS Retail, a subsidiary of Flipkart.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Has anyone actually used the Flipkart First services? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# It's been a month.
    How has your experience been?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The biggest advantage is that you don't have to pay Rs. 90 on every item for next day delivery. That results into HUGE amount of saving if you are a regular buyer on Flipkart. Second - they contact you first for any pre-orders or upcoming popular items.

For regular buyers, Rs. 500/year is justified.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    Has anyone actually used the Flipkart First services? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# It's been a month.
    How has your experience been?
    Yes, I ordered few small things on which there were shipping charges but because of this service I got them free. So there is approx 200Rs saving. There is no next day delivery on my city so I can't take more benefit.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Haven't used the service. For the volume and the frequency that I shop online, 500/- seemed a bit too much. And I don't really mind receiving things 2-3 days after I order them. For gifting purposes I may spend 90/- or 200/- extra for next-day or same-day delivery respectively, but that's very rare. 😀 Have spent 90/- once, never 200/-.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I don't know if many of you here are using the Flipkart First services, but here's what I found to be its disadvantages:

1. Though the lure of 'next day delivery' or 'same day delivery' is charming, Flipkart offers is only for a few select sellers. I am disappointed because I rarely find a seller that has opted for Flipkart First for a product I like.
    2. It works only for a few cities. So, tier 2 cities are at a big disadvantage.
    3. Free gift wraps were offered at first, but it seems that has been discontinued now.
    4. Most of the times 'free shipping' for orders above Rs. 500 works for me even without Flipkart first. I buy a lot of books online and my experience in the last one year has been that Amazon sells books at a much lower price and the free shipping they offer just keeps me away from unnecessary additional buying to reach that Rs. 500 mark.

Anyone here has a different experience?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California had taken first step towards creating a new microbial life that are not known anywhere on the planet earth. The...
The Israelis have reinvented the wheel; and this time it's been redesigned to absorb shocks for smooth and soft rides. Gilad Wolf, a farmer, broke his pelvis about 6 years...
Quote: A tiny Spanish island with just 10,000 residents is about to do something amazing. El Hierro, the smallest of the Canary Islands, plans to completely sever ties with the...
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. has launched yet another phablet with Huawei Ascend P7 to combat with the likes of Samsung, Sony and Apple. We decided to take a look at...
after using AutoCAD for a long years, cant bear it any more, I recently found a completely DWG- compatible and easy-to-use CAD software,which is very light and runs quite fast!...