Flipkart Billion Dollar Day Stats - Awesome!

Flipkart's billion dollar day stats are eye popping. Here's an overview-
  • They sold over 20 lakh (20,00,000) items in about 10 hours.
  • Sold almost one TV every second!
  • 500,000 mobiles sold
  • 500,000 items in 'fashion' category sold
  • Orders received from 6000 PIN codes
  • 1 million mobile app downloads recorded
Awesome, yeah?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Apart from this awesomeness it has raised a bunch of problems. Now government is getting tight. This big billion day provoked their brain to think how come these e-retailers are able to offer such a deal. Small retailers and showroom owners are whining that they cannot give such a deal and players like flipkart are killing them.

Government is soon to come up with some law which will f*** up online buyers. Not to mention the bad publicity flipkart earned during the sales. However, I guess flipkart has now become something as essential as IRCTC. No matter how shitty(does not imply flipkart is) it gets, you cannot live without it.

Off topic: Was anyone here able to grab their steal deals? I almost got an induction cooker for 99 bucks and Nokia X (don't ask why I even went to buy it) for 900 bucks.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    [Prototype]
    I almost got an...
    That's exactly what happened with the rest of the buyers. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Flipkart and Snapdeal can offer such deals because it's the investor's money they are burning! Investors don't mind because it creates a ground for eCommerce business to establish as a strong alternative to brick and mortar shops; and creates more confidence among the buyers.

Had Flipkart handled the billion dollar day well, it'd have been a HUGE plus for the company - for their upcoming IPO. The IPO is what the investors of Flipkart are eyeing because that's the only way they can recover their money.

Of course it didn't go well with the regular retailers because they still have to keep their profits and the products at which they buy include all the supply-chain costs. A lot of them, I heard, are thinking of legal action against Flipkart.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) today stated that the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C26, the vehicle that shall house the Indian Navigational Satellite IRNSS-1C, shall be launched come October 16th....
How to implement Directional Filter Bank for images to extract features?
In 1973, Brandon Carter published a paper (attached below) which tries to explain the "coincidences" in Physics of our universe from an Anthropic (human-centered) point of view. Very crudely, he...
After 40 years of search, a Thorne-Zytkov Object (ZTO) has been found! A chance to get a new look (or witness the birth of a new theory) of element birth...
Most middle class households in India have installed the set top boxes (STBs)for their televisions and every time we hear about the rates and offers on a DTH operator's box...