Fixed Jack to all wheels of car

car animation3 Hydraulic or electrical jack should be fixed near to all wheels of car. So that you have to just push a button and car will be lift automatically. Save your time and energy, and move on. How is it?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Fixing jack to all wheels seems to be nice but it will cost you more.
    Operating the jack at rest condition would require power which can be from battery but i don't know whether battery power would be enough to operate jack.Haven't had chance to see electrical jack .
    I will leave it to fellow CEans to put their verdict.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Electric jack already available in market can operate with 12 volts battery. We need one jack operation at one time. Only you have to fix it with your car.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Seems like a good idea to me. But, is having it fixed to all wheels necessary?
    The proper places to jack up a car are usually covered in the owners manual and can be different for each vehicle.

Tagging a few people online - #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#@Manish Goyal, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    yes, because if we are operating jack with 12volts only then size of jack should be small and it will give less output it cant lift whole car. so there should have small jacks near each tyre so it can lift the one side of car which have to...
    hydraulic jacks are cheaper and can lift from 3 to 5 ton with price range of 650Rs to 1000Rs but electric jacks cost high eg.electric jack operating on 12v capable of lifting2 ton cost 3500Rs.
    source:eBay
    how will you operate hydraulic jacks by pressing button?
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    yes, but cant use only one jack to lift whole car. 2 or 4 jacks should use for easy use and safety purpose.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    how will you operate hydraulic jacks by pressing button?
    brother have you ever seen a machine which fully operated by hydraulic system?
    i hope you have seen dumper (truck with lifting system). operator of the dumper just pull a small lever and dump everything on the ground what ever it carrying
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    #-Link-Snipped-# I second all your views.
    While the system might seem novel but a real world implication is highly unlikely. Placing jacks at all the jacking points in a car adds weights and not to mention it might be dangerous. For example these one point of these jacks will have to be wielded to a jacking point and the other end shall reach the ground on the press of button an and begin pushing up the car. In a worst case scenario if the wielding point gives away the jack will be headed straight to the wheel and catastrophe shall ensue.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankita Katdare
    Seems like a good idea to me.[/USER]
    A bit of exercise is good for a person.
    Adding considerable weight to a car when all are trying to reduce the weight and increase fuel economy seems to be a step backward.
    More fuel will be used to operate the jacks.
    Thre can be a major hazard if one or more jacks get activated accidentally while the car is in motion. Appropriate interlocks must be provided to ensure that the user cannot deploy the jacks if the engine is running.

All these will add a lot to the cost for a convenience that is rarely used.

I have seen these jacks on large haulage trucks in Europe. The use is justified in that application as the jacks are fitted on heavy tonnage trucks and have to lift heavily loaded trucks. They are also used during loading and unloading (semi trailers) to prevent accidental upending.

In my opinion superfluous in a passenger car.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    #-Link-Snipped-# I second all your views.
    While the system might seem novel but a real world implication is highly unlikely. Placing jacks at all the jacking points in a car adds weights and not to mention it might be dangerous. For example these one point of these jacks will have to be wielded to a jacking point and the other end shall reach the ground on the press of button an and begin pushing up the car. In a worst case scenario if the wielding point gives away the jack will be headed straight to the wheel and catastrophe shall ensue.
    its ok. but can be use good type of wielding and use nut bolt also. if everything will gives away then we cant do anything in the world.(some times i used jack in my car i had never wield it.)
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    A.V.Ramani
    A bit of exercise is good for a person.
    Adding considerable weight to a car when all are trying to reduce the weight and increase fuel economy seems to be a step backward.
    More fuel will be used to operate the jacks.
    Thre can be a major hazard if one or more jacks get activated accidentally while the car is in motion. Appropriate interlocks must be provided to ensure that the user cannot deploy the jacks if the engine is running.

All these will add a lot to the cost for a convenience that is rarely used.

I have seen these jacks on large haulage trucks in Europe. The use is justified in that application as the jacks are fitted on heavy tonnage trucks and have to lift heavily loaded trucks. They are also used during loading and unloading (semi trailers) to prevent accidental upending.

In my opinion superfluous in a passenger car.
    its ok sir, it can be battery operated.with 12 volts battery it will take only 1 mint to lift the required side of the car.(if we think jacks get activated accidentally while the car is in motion then also think that back door of the car also can be open itself and all the items will on the road) some special operation system can be use like you have to open small lid and then press the button .
  • Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The post says fixing a jack near to the wheels and not to the wheels. A slight modification in vehicle chassis will allow such a modification. You just need to add a bracket to support the jack and jack can be fixed. A jack near all wheels will be needed so as to lift the required wheel. A pump directly powered by engine can also be used to actuate the jacks. A control system is required to engage the pump to the crankshaft when required.

The only disadvantage I see is that it may hamper the ground clearance of the car and add weight. Articulated trucks with big trailers use such jacks but not lift wheels but whole trailer. The picture below will not give an exact idea to how it will look in a car but will give a rough overview about what is intended.

ford_clt9000_ryder_lg
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    S.mukherjee
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The post says fixing a jack near to the wheels and not to the wheels. A slight modification in vehicle chassis will allow such a modification. You just need to add a bracket to support the jack and jack can be fixed. A jack near all wheels will be needed so as to lift the required wheel. A pump directly powered by engine can be used to actuate the jacks. A control system is required to engage the pump to the crankshaft when required.

The only disadvantage I see is that it may hamper the ground clearance of the car and add weight. Articulated trucks with big trailers use such jacks. the picture below will not give an exact idea to what it will look in a car but will give a rough overview about what is intended.

ford_clt9000_ryder_lg
    yes but we use normal jacks in the car they have enough length when fully open and less length when fully close. so if it will attach near the tyre can have sufficient ground clears.( it will not be upto the half length of wheel base)
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Gurwinder Singh
    its ok. but can be use good type of wielding and use nut bolt also. if everything will gives away then we cant do anything in the world.(some times i used jack in my car i had never wield it.)
    I was not talking about regular jacks I was talking about an onboard system of jacks where the manufacturer fits jacks onto all jacking points.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I was not talking about regular jacks I was talking about an onboard system of jacks where the manufacturer fits jacks onto all jacking points.
    yeah i am also talking about the same. i mean to say if normal jacks can do work without any wielding. then why not a wielded?
    but condition is you have to place it on smooth surface
  • Agileshwaran Sivanandam
    Agileshwaran Sivanandam
    u can better use this concept in trucks . it will be more useful for trucks.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Work on wheels that are puncture proof is ongoing.
    Agileshwaran Sivanandam
    This jack is for many uses . Even we can use this type of jack when we have breakdown and also while cleaning.
    Agileshwaran Sivanandam
    we can use this jack in many applications . While breakdown and also while cleaning.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to get started in Django?
I ordered two packets of Tulsi Ginger tea bags from Amazon.in and while the packets are small; the box in which they arrived is at least 8x larger than the...
Lenovo India has launched its new Android tablet in India called the 'Lenovo A7-50' at a price of Rs. 15,499. Powered by a 1.3GHz Quad Core MTK 8382(3G)/8121(WiFi) processor, the...
Where can i get information about new technology or development in existing one, yet to be commercialized. In mechanical engineering and Energy related.
What about going with system programming...is there any scope..?...or should i go with application programming...?...suggestions would be valuable... I have just completed my Btech CSE(2014)