Fitle.com Brings Smart Shopping Experience For Customers Who Buy Clothes Online

As e-commerce websites beam out with collection of clothes for every age-group of the society, more and more people are swiftly embracing the online clothes shopping experience. A lot of us netizens would agree that shopping for clothes online is not always a very friendly experience. The choice is huge, browsing through thousands of pages, adjusting filters and landing up on a perfect outfit that suits you and your size, could be a very cumbersome process at times. This is where a new startup called '#-Link-Snipped-#' comes into the picture. They offer the 'smart' in the e-shopping experience, by equipping it with a virtual fitting room that uses the customer's 3D avatar for trying clothes on and lets you save clothes in a connected wardrobe, so that you can mix and match them with other accessories and even share it with friends before you buy them.

fitle-smart-shopping-experience

How does it work?

By accessing the database of its partner brands in real time, Fitle aims to eventually build the world's largest collection of clothes online. It will use the information in this database to create 3D versions of clothes that the users can navigate in real time for size, material and overall dimensions.

The Fitle app that will sit inside the comfort of your smartphone or tablet will let you take 4 pictures of yourself and use it to generate a customized 3D avatar that looks just like you in size, shape, color, shape etc. all in about 30 seconds. Their prototype for this looks very impressive. Take a look in the following video -

The company has been involved in the R&D of this project for about 2 years now and is ready to launch the Fitle platform in the US and France by February 2015. They are currently working on making their 3D technology more accurate and making the beta version live by the end of this year.

What are your thoughts on the concept behind Fitle.com? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I am not able to open Fitle.com to read anything about it; is it only me who is facing issue?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    I am not able to open Fitle.com to read anything about it; is it only me who is facing issue?
    I am able to access it from here right now. You can try again now I guess.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Rajni Jain
    It has got a quite heavy home page and it's little slow.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Now, I could open it.
    A pretty bulky homepage. Actually they are using full resolution auto-play embedded videos that's making it bulky home page.

A good concept.
    I wish they could give a standalone add-in which could be used for virtual try for the clothes available on any website.
  • Fitle
    Fitle
    Hey all,

Fitle here 😀 We are working on this issue and we thank you for your feedback. We will optimize our website very soon! Stay tuned.

Thank you again,

The Fitle Team

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Here’s a look at robots depicted in movies and on TV during the 1950s and 1960s. We tried to collect the classics here, omitting the scores of forgettable B...
For my BE project i m thinking to design it. I just want to ask u that this is published before. And if this project is already made than please...
I'm planning to build a hobby project. A simple add on for chargers which can be set to charge a device for a specific time and then cut off from...
In the smartphone era it is not uncommon to suffer from Nomophobia or “no-mobile-phone phobia”. People get anxious about losing their mobile phone, running out of charge or credit, or...
Avishkaar Box was founded by Tarun Bhalla with an aim to get children's attention back to imagination, creativity and play. After completing his Bachelors in Computer Science from Delhi University,...