Firefox users: Beware of Gmail XSS Attack

Saturday November 17, 2007

#-Link-Snipped-#

An exploit for Firefox, reported 10 days ago and as of yet still not patched, is #-Link-Snipped-# access to Google accounts, including gmail.
Firefox users are advised to use NoScript or turn off javacript on unknown webpages and stay logged out of their Google Accounts until a fix is issued.
A 302 redirect error in Google, discovered by bedford.org's Morgan Lowtech aka tx, creates a domain-wide cross-site scripting attack allowing hackers to gain access and modify Google user accounts including e-mails, contact lists and online presence.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• mahul
    mahul
    cool update simple... though i do not use firefox,lots of my pals do. guess i will have to inform them
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the update, Simple!

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i would like to suggest that you could create sub sections inside "Computers/IT" . these subsections could be like 1) hardware 2) programming 3) troubleshooting 4) operating systems etc.
😁CAN U TELL ME WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BTWEEN "HARD BREAK" N "SOFT BREAK" IN MS-WORD...........😕 I'M CRAZY ABOUT IT????????????? PLEAEEEEEEEESE..............
hey _k when do u upgrade a guy from newbie to value adder and a regular and such stuff?? pls inform me about ur criteria...haha
hey CEans, i have recently got a new Seagate 160GB hdd and 512MB RAM. Am loving my PC these days but there is a little trouble. At the time of...
Read Carefully ... Some may apply to you ... The first 90% of project takes 10% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time. If...