Firefox Developer Edition - The Browser For Web Engineers

Firefox has announced 'Firefox Developer Edition' as a part of its 10 anniversary celebrations. Mozilla had released FF 1.0 10 years ago. Aimed at the nerdy folks on the Internet who make the Internet work, the dev edition replaces the Aurora channel. The impatient ones may head over to the source link below and download the developer edition right away. The patient ones may keep reading to know what all tools and features this new Firefox edition offers.

To begin with, the FF developer edition has a dark theme; and a dark blue logo as well. The interface keeps the view clutter free so that you can focus on your work. You will notice the 'firefox tools adapter' that lets you render your website using various rendering engines. It works not only for the desktop based browsers, but also mobile optimised ones. That is, you will be able to render your web pages via Safari on iOS and Google Chrome running on Android. Of course, Firefox OS is supported as well.

Firefox-Developer-Edition

The biggest addition is the inclusion of WebIDE. It specifically targets the Firefox OS and lets you code, debug, test and release apps right from your browser. Those who're used to coding using an IDE should feel at home with the new WebIDE. You'll find almost everything you need to develop and build your web apps inbuilt in WebIDE.

Check out this video from Firefox officials that talks about the Firefox Developer Edition and offers a visual overview of the new tools and features.

Download: Firefox Developer Edition (Official)

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Netscape was browser which kind of developer version specially for java, As it was fully supported java browser.
    I do use Arora but it was more like beta channel.
    Firefox developer version is worth try☕. Moreover it has cool looks👍
    Not sure if they have debugger better than firebug.
  • Chintan Umarani
    Chintan Umarani
    I installed this FF developer version. 👍 The nice thing is it's co-existence with other FF versions.

Debugger tool is not all new 😏. We had that in current firefox as default dev tool. But integration of some new features are much more useful like 3D view & Color Picker 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'd not call myself a programmer or a coder; but I'm fascinated by programming languages. Several new languages have been invented to program computers in various ways; but no matter...
Microsoft has put the Nokia brand name to rest with the introduction of Microsoft Lumia 535. The change had been anticipated ever since a year ago Microsoft decided to acquire...
Aadit Kapoor submitted a new project: HELP ME REVISE - Help me Revise efficiently searches everything, like youtube videos related to that topic, images, P This is a utility for...
In the race between homegrown smartphone brands to offer something 'unique', most companies are putting in all their might to feature path-breaking tech specs in their smartphones at unprecedentedly low...
BuyHatke.com, believed to be amongst the top 700 websites in the country, is a price comparison portal for online shopping. Founded by Gaurav Dahake, Prashant Singh, Srikanth Sethumadhavan and Rohit...