Firefox 37 Available For Download - What's New?

Mozilla, the creators of Firefox web browser, used by about half a billion people around the world has released the version 37.0 of the browser for both desktop and android platforms. If you are using Firefox to read this article, there's a high chance that you already are running the updated Firefox. The latest update to the browser brings a ton of goodies like tweaks to the URL bar, new locales and improvements to the download performance on android. Let's take a quick look at what's new.

The desktop version [Windows, OSX and Linux] offers a new 'Heartbeat Rating System' which provides Mozilla with real time user feedback about their products. The Turkish locale will now get Yandex as their search engine by default. Microsoft's Bing Search engine integrated into Firefox will now use secure HTTP (HTTPS) and Firefox will defend site impersonation with OneCRL centralised certificate revocation. In addition, there are several improvements to security, HTML5 compatibility. The entire list of updates can be found on the Firefox 37.0, See All New Features, Updates and Fixes.

Firefox-37-Features

Firefox for Android gets several new locales and most notably, improves the performance of the download manager back-end. There are several improvements like CSS 'display:contents' support, OpenH264 support to WebRTC and others. The list of improvements to the Firefox Android can be #-Link-Snipped-#.

We strongly recommend all our readers to upgrade to the latest Firefox 37. Those who are looking to try out the new browser, head over to the link mentioned in the source below. Do not forget to share your views and opinions via comments.

Source: Download Firefox for Desktop — from Mozilla

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Curiously I was on an earlier version till about five minutes back when I saw this post. However, the version running told me that I was uptodate. V 37 does not look different on my desktop.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to change reference of css from server to a CDN ,and here is too many pages ,i don't want to go one by one ,is there any idea...
Those of us who have used the face unlock system in smartphones have many times faced the problem where the system simply can't recognise the owner's photo. Though the face...
Amidst all the April Fools' Day pranks, here is rock solid product from Microsoft that should blow your mind if you are a Windows fanboy. Light on the pocket with...
While browsing the web, seeing unwanted advertisements pop up on your screen, is always a big turn off. The programs that make these ads appear are known as ‘ad injectors’...
"amdocs vs TCS" which to choose to start a career with as a fresher(Computer science engg)?