Fire Drill at buildings where your are living/working

Do you have any idea about Fire Drill? Are you aware of the importance of it? By knowing very simple facts about it, you may save many lives including yours!!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Please share your views about it! If you have encountered such incidence, please let us know.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Just had a fire drill at my office a few days back. A few things the fire marshals took note of:

- We were too slow to evacuate. It took 13 mins, instead of the target <10mins. We were supposed to do brisk walking.
    - Some people turned back to office to collect belongings, which is disallowed
    - Some were smoking at the evacuation area 😡
    - We were supposed to do head counts before and after evacuation. Some how this was not done accurately

I think fire drills are good if done occasionally to improve the evacuation process. I think the fire marshals should reprimand those who don't take the drills seriously, because under a real situation, its a matter of life and death.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Robots have began learning the art of cooking just by watching youtube videos. The research team at the University of Maryland has developed a deep learning technique that enables the...
In our last article we mentioned that NVIDIA plans to use the Tegra X1 chip not just on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets but also on autonomous machines and...
Students who are going to join CDAC-ACTS Pune for PG-DAC on 18 feb 2015 can share their information about Hostel/PG accomodations, required things to taken along with from home. etc...
Had a wonderful dinner date with your girlfriend and feeling embarrassed to loosen your belt buckle yourself? Well, forget loosening it yourself, it’s the era of smart wearables and this...
The router maker D-Link has announced three super-fast routers: AC5300, AC3200 and AC3100. These ultra-high performance models offer speeds of 5.3Gbps, 3.2Gbps and 3.1Gbps using beam-forming technology. All the models...