Financial Planning - Retirement planning [Finance For Engineers Series]

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass... its about learning to dance in the rain! - Vivian Green

index

Planning about retirement is never easy and the more immediately difficult part is in setting a time bound action plan for retirement planning. The best way to start retirement planning is early in your life when you start earning. Although at the time you may be pondering over the things you could do with your money and retirement planning may seem to be a futile exercise and may be farthest on your schedule, you need to put aside a sum of money for it. Remember that the early bird catches the worm. Setting aside a modest amount every month for retirement planning at earlier stages of life will make all the difference between success and struggle in the long run for you.

It is not rocket science to understand the power of compounding. Planning to bring future into the present will no doubt be a little harder than imagined, but no one can undermine the power and financial freedom that it will bring once responsibilities catch up later.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Agreed. How do you propose a typical fresh engineer to start preparing for retirement? I think we may do a case study as well. Let's say "ANIL" is a fresh graduate who's joined a company with a monthly take-home salary of about Rs. 22,000. How should Anil plan for his retirement?
  • Shrikant Bedekar
    Shrikant Bedekar
    Lets say Anil saves Rs. 24000 every year for a period of 10 years at 8 p.c.p.a.
    The total amount that will come would be Rs. 51814.2 and Compound Interest will be 27814.2

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have joined one software testing course in order to get placed in a company as i m a fresher.....kindly tell me m i going in a right direction.....
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish. Time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale ​ Goals can be prioritized according to...
Hello, from past 1week i have been study nodejs, to develop a real-time Dashboard. Requirement is : When ever there is a change(update, insert,..etc) in the database, dashboard should display...
Menthal is the name of a new app on Android that lets the user keep a track on his or her usage of the smartphone. Developed by a team of...
what are the general electrical faults occurs in steel plants? If the process done by electrical arc furnace and secondly ladle refining furnace.