Financial Planning - Prioritizing Goals [Finance For Engineers Series]

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish. Time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale

images

Goals can be prioritized according to necessity and desirability. Of course goals based on necessity will rank before desirability and you would first try to accomplish them, and later if time and resources permitting you could look into the possibility of fulfilling goals based on desirability. Ex: You may want to educate your children and take your family for a vacation in Havai. The importance of prioritizing goals is that it will give you a realistic view of the actual scenario. Also it is better to have a time frame for each goal. You can further prioritize goals according to time, ex: short term goals (within 12 months), medium term goals ( beyond 12 months but before 36 months) and long term goals (beyond 36 months). The importance of prioritizing is that it will ensure that you have a strategy in place to meet your goals in a time bound action plan.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, from past 1week i have been study nodejs, to develop a real-time Dashboard. Requirement is : When ever there is a change(update, insert,..etc) in the database, dashboard should display...
Menthal is the name of a new app on Android that lets the user keep a track on his or her usage of the smartphone. Developed by a team of...
what are the general electrical faults occurs in steel plants? If the process done by electrical arc furnace and secondly ladle refining furnace.
Here's a small exercise for your brains. Superconductors have been the holy grail for most of the researchers because of its potential to change our lives. This discussion is dedicated...
Hello friends, my name is Shyam and I did my bachelors in Computer Science from Ruparel college back in 2004. So yes, I am not an engineer though I hope...