Fiat Punto Evo 2014 - Specs, Features & Price Revealed At Launch

Fiat India Automobiles Limited has unveiled their all new premium hatchback in India with Fiat Punto Evo at a launch event in Delhi, India. Coming in four engine variants with two in diesel and two in petrol, the Fiat Punto Evo is priced between Rs. 4.55 lakh to Rs. 7.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The two options under petrol engine are a 1.2 litre and the other 1.4 litre, that produce 67 BHP and 89 BHP respectively. The petrol version of the new Punto Evo features F.I.R.E. or Fully Integrated Robotized Engine. Whereas, the diesel variant of the car comes with the a 1.3-litre MultiJet engine. In every variant, the Fiat Punto Evo transmits power to the wheels through a five-speed transmission gearbox. Let us take a look at the detailed tech specs sheet and features highlighted by the company at the 2014 Fiat Punto Evo launch.

On the exterior, the Fiat Punto Evo comes with reindeer headlamps, rear fog lamps and body colored bumpers, whereas on the interior the car brings a dual tone dashboard and a rear parcel shelf. For the driver's convenience, there's hydraulic power steering, front power windows with delay and auto down functions. Among other special features, there's rear seat metal back for safety and longevity, smart power windows with auto-roll up, dead pedal for clutch foot rest mirrors that blink with ORVMs technology and follow-me headlamps.

fiat-punto-evo-sideview

fiat-punto-evo-stearing fiat-punto-evo-seating fiat-punto-evo-leatherseating fiat-punto-evo-interiorseatingview

The fuel efficiency promised with the Fiat Punto Evo is 15.7 kmpl and the car comes with a number of safety features such as Automatic Door Lock, Central Door Locking, Door Open Indicator, Fire Prevention System (FPS) and an Immobilizer with Rolling code (FCS). Apart from these, the car seems to be built like a tank. Its sturdy frame minimizes primary damage and ensure rider's safety. Moreover, the new Punto Evo is the first car in its segment to bring Random Multi-Digit Secure Code technology that generates a unique multi-digit secure code each time the user keys in.

Embodying the fine Italian design, the new Punto Evo comes in 8 different color options including - Red, White, Black, Minimal Grey, Tuscan Wine or fresh shades like Glitterati Gold, and Magnesio Grey. The 16 inch alloy wheels are said to be first of its kind in the hatchback segment.

That's all about the features, price and tech specs of the all new Fiat Punto Evo. If you are thinking of buying a hatchback anytime soon, you can compare this model with Maruti Suzuki's Swift, Hyundai i20 and Honda Brio, which fall in the similar price range. Lastly, let us know what are your thoughts on the all new premium hatchback from Fiat India and leave your opinions in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    FIAL Work need to be praised this time.👍
    A well designed interior with appealing exteriors.

Hope the Uncomfortable gear shifting issue in city drive have been resolved.

Though Tough Competition between Volkswagen Polo , MS Swift, Hyundai i20.

Glitterati Gold looks Gorgeous 😉

P.S. Waiting for Fiat #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    This facelift is looking good. Now it looks more like a sports hatchback.
  • Root
    Root
    I love the idea of dead pedal. A mustly must, if you ask me.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I second you guyz on this.
    From the looks of it, FIAT had done a good job in interior and exterior.

I am sure Fiat Punto evo will give a fight to Swift / i10 grand in this price category.
  • Root
    Root
    Rajni Jain
    However, I am sure Fiat Punto evo will give a fight to Swift / i10 grand in this price category.
    In theory yes. But what does not fiat have comparing to that of Maruti and Hyundai os the reputation of after sales support. Only Nissan service can beat Fiat on ill- reputation.

I am am Fiat fan, and had an Adventure for some time. But because of poor service options from Fiat, I have settled for an i10 Grand now.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Root
    But what does not fiat have comparing to that of Maruti and Hyundai os the reputation of after sales support.
    Over the last couple of years Fiat had gained some reputation.
    and Maruti / Hyndai had lost it when it come to after sale support (They are providing services but not sure why they are charging super heavily for the same).
  • Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    Looks terrific.. They have done gr8 innovations in this car..

What's the mileage for Diesel variant? Does it beat Swift?
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    I have drive this car but fiat punto is just okay

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello sir, I am B.Tech(civil) 2nd year student.I want to Prepare for GATE exam from now onwards.sir,please suggest me how to start and what is the preparation strategy for preparing...
I am a first year student from NIT Jaipur (Malviya National INstitute of Technology, Jaipur). I am doing B Tech from ECE branch. - I want to know, what can...
is doing btech from jiet jodhpur ok!???
Engineering discussion is one of the most useful things, because it’s have to more knowledge, solution etc. is an engineering forum website. Here you can post anything...
Hello Kaustubh Katdare how are you? for past few days i have seen seeing your posts many of my doubts are clarified,your posts are very useful.By the way iam working...