Fetching Electrical Parameters through a Meter (ELMEASURE TM5410 to PC)

I'm having an El-Measure TM5410 and I want to fetch the readings of this meter onto my computer. I am using a SAN TELEQUIP SC11 USB to RS485/RS422 converter to connect the computer with this meter. I've installed the drivers of SAN TELEQUIP SC11 and the COM Port on which its set is COM18. I've a software of El-Measure which can fetch the readings, but while configuring the connection it shows only one COM Port which is COM 10, but my converter is at COM 18, I tried to tweak the settings and set its COM Port to COM10 but still no success, it doesn't works. I also have Modbus Poll but I'm clueless as to how this SW can be communicated with the meter. Can anyone please help me out?

Replies

• Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    Excited to see your project is going ahead!
    What happened after you changed the COM port number from COM 18 to COM 10?
    I hope the #-Link-Snipped-# assists you to communicate with the converter. Page #10 has an example for Connection setup using Serial port.

Also, I was curious to know:
    1. Why are you using SAN TELEQUIP SC11 USB to RS485/RS422 converter in particular? Does it have any advantages over other converters or it suited your requirements?
    2. More about Elmeasure's software. Did you download it from Panel meter | Energy management solution provider - Elmeasure? If yes, which version and why?
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    Including the links to San Telequip's SC11 USB to RS485/RS422 #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# . I hope others find it useful to contribute to this discussion.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have selected few topics mostly done or conceptualized by me and few other topics which has truly inspired me and compiled into into a list. Most of the list...
Hi Folks, Any one knows, How to convert .xls/.xlsx files into .exe files. Please let me know the details Thanks Madhu
Hi! I am trying to figure out what sensors I should put on my device that look so much like a pen. I would like to use a pen as...
How do you guys identify that the logged in user is a Robot???
Hello All, I am trying to solve this problem using slope deflection method but I am stuck with the deflection condition. Please help me out. Thanks, Bhooray