Feedback Request for Engineering textbook Questions

Hello guys,

I plan to develop a web platform where you can ask questions related to engineering textbooks. For me, when I was in my first study year, I often had problems to understand these books. Back then, I would have been glad to use such a platform where I can share my questions with others who read the same (or directly to the author).

And even now, when I study things because of pure interest like Electronics (I'm a Mechanical), I often have questions related to details which stuck me for further pages (and google is not good in context related answering).

So, what do you think. Can you imagine to use such a concept?

Best regards from Germany/India

Benjamin Bergner

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The concept looks good. Whether I'd use it or not will depend on the existing content available on the platform. If I find something useful I'd be prompted to post my questions or doubts.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That looks like a very specific domain. If I understand it correctly, you want people to come to the website to discuss questions from a textbook. So, these people will be students looking for separate description of topics already explained in a book. Is that so?
  • Benjamin Bergner
    Benjamin Bergner
    Hello and thank you both for your response.

#-Link-Snipped-# Just think about when you studied or learned something by reading a book or a script. Were there questions related to that book where you sometimes thought: 'It would be nice to discuss this with someone else.'

I could imagine the following types of questions:
    *comprehension questions
    *example or exercise questions that need to get solved
    *further information requests based on information that you can find in the book

I know that engineering is pretty specific...but I think that this is the way platforms have the chance to get big...starting detailed...going general. Engineering is my starting point because I like it and there are probably a lot of questions because of its difficulty level. Of couse, if there is the need to satisfy more than one domain, it's easily expandable. You could also take weblinks into account. It's more about the basic concept to ask questions or to discuss things based on something that already exist.

Hope I could clarify, otherwise ask me again 😀
    I'm looking forward to more opinions.

Best regards from Chennai

Benjamin Bergner

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are applying for a job or facing an MBA interview, chances of you facing that question in any interview scenario are quite obvious. The interviewer wants to know...
I have searched far and wide on the internet, but I haven't found a solution. I got a documentary from a friend which has hardcoded Chinese subtitles. Now even though...
Apple's got several hundred engineers working on Project Titan - which is an electric car likely in the form of a minivan. The news may come as a surprise to...
Can alcohol be an alternative to fuel? Recently, I saw a video from eHow website where the man (an ASE-certified master mechanic) describes how cars can be converted to run...
If you are the kind of person that thinks that Facebook is a safe repository to store your photos then maybe you should think twice. Recently an Indian, Laxman Mutiyah,...