Featuring 'Exceptional Engineers' on CrazyEngineers

I got talking to a friend yesterday (who is an Industrial Engineer by degree) and found out about all the amazing things she had done in research related to multimodality of classical music and hand gestures in Indian ragas. She is actively working with a research organisation and developing computational models. That made me want to feature a piece on her here on our community.

There are so many engineers around us who do exceptional work. Their work is unique and beneficial to our society. However, there is no platform where they can shine. There have to ways to make these engineers and their work reach out to thousands.

So, I am wondering if we can start a section here on CE where we feature these exceptional engineers. Not only will we get to know about their work, students & professionals among us could get inspired and even start exploring their own uniqueness.

The only loophole I think in this process is identifying these crazy souls. How to find these people from nook and corner of the world? The obvious answer that came to me was making people suggest them to us. What do you people think? Can we work on that?

Looking forward to your suggestions and ideas.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    One more thing that we have to look into is we also need to make the series consistence with regular updates.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Exactly. We need to see if we can sustain such a series. We will need nominations from all and also keep monitoring newspapers, magazines and blogs.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Such a series sounds amazing, what sort of profile should we suggest (to be featured on CE)? These are the kind of engineers we need to bring on-board (if not as active members, then at least as interviewees).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    what sort of profile
    That's a good question. I am scribbling ideas as of now, but I think there is not limit to the kind of domains engineers are doing exceptional work in. For eg: Some build intricate paper models, some are solving sanitation problems, others are into waste management, some are re-inventing cooking, some are into making completely new bonsai plants, creating notations for classical indian music, some are volunteers into managing social media for political parties ... and what not.
    The point is - there should be no limitation. We will let people nominate themselves, or nominate their friends. We can evaluate the profile and if we find this story need to be told - we will feature them.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    I received a mail few days back from my college notifying me about a giant lemon juicer developed by final year mechanical engineers. The machine could juice out over a 100 lemons within a minute, and was successfully able to separate the peels and the seeds from the juice.

I can get the contact information of these people. We can feature engineers like them too.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I have a colleague of mine who came back after his MS and now stands as a highly successful partner in OyoRooms (I am sure you have heard of it). Is it okay if I contact him to be prospectively featured in this series? Or should I wait till the time a proper plan-of-action has been finalized? As in, the list of people that we intend to feature (so that we don't halt after a couple such stories).
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    great idea. looking forward to see CE's who were unique
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think we need to take this forward. I am starting to make a list of engineers. So, let's get this rolling soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems that HTC is only in the mood the launch its Desire handsets. After launching the Desire 728G and Desire 828 in the past two months, HTC has now...
Tata Sky has decided to make its service called 'Everywhere TV' accessible for free to all its subscribers. Back in 2013, the DTH operator had announced Everywhere TV on Tata...
A research team from the Northwestern University have developed a single mode quantum cascade laser (QCL), that is capable of producing a high output power and electrical tuning necessary to...
In my recent talks with many engineers pursuing management entrance exams for doing MBA from the reputed colleges of India, I found that they have a common set of questions...
BHEL or Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited is the a power plant equipment manufacturer under Government of India. Their manufacturing facilities (factories) are located in various cities across India, including -Jagdishpur,...