Facebook WhatsApp Acquisition Happens - What's Your Opinion?

The Youth of world is addicted to two social media applications from two big companies;

Oops !

Let me correct that, Quite possible from now onwards they will be addicted to applications from only one company. Yes, you got it right. SEC (Security and Exchange Commission, USA) confirmed, one company has plans to acquire the another and already filed the .

The Companies are ...

FB-WA

In the Year's one of the biggest deal till now, Facebook has plans to acquire WhatsApp in $16 Billion. Out of these 16 billion, 4 billion would be on cash and another 12 billion dollars will be in form of Facebook stocks. An additional $3 billion in restricted stock may also be given to the WhatsApp staff.

Just to see the stats -

WhatsApp is a leading and rapidly growing real-time mobile messaging service that has:
  • 450 + million people using the service each month; more surprisingly 70% of those people are active on a given day;
  • Since last few months they have seen, more than 1 million new registered users per day.
I need not to recall you NOT even months ago WhatsApp denies GOOGLE's offer of 1 billion USD. Actually they had bigger plans, 19 times more than then....

Do you think WhatsApp will prove it's worth to Facebook in 19 Billion USD?

Let us know your reaction on this?

Replies

• avii
    avii
    RIP WhatsApp. You were my best friend, I will remember you forever.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Times change!

Co-founder of WhatsApp tweeting back in 2009 when facebook turned him down -

facebook
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Facebook to buy WhatsApp for $19B. Or should I say, WhatsApp won't be cool anymore!
    You gotta seriously worry about your privacy on WhatsApp now!
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    What's App is the most used messaging service in India, Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria and South Africa and the interesting fact is Facebook Messenger usage is very low in these countries... πŸ˜πŸ˜›
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    Another interesting fact:
    WhatsApp's messaging volume is almost equal to entire world's SMS traffic...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    WhatsApp co-founder and CEO Jan Koum has assured that 'nothing' will change for them as a result of this 'partnership' with Facebook.
    Koum added that WhatsApp 'will remain autonomous and operate independently' of Facebook.

Do check out the blogpost on Whatsapp official blog -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Chirayu Samarth
    What's App is the most used messaging service in India, Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria and South Africa and the interesting fact is Facebook Messenger usage is very low in these countries... πŸ˜πŸ˜›
    Who know that was the main reason for Facebook to acquire WhatsApp to increase their user base across the globe?

Crazy Thought, right? 😁
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    Ankita Katdare
    WhatsApp co-founder and CEO Jan Koum has assured that 'nothing' will change for them as a result of this 'partnership' with Facebook.
    Koum added that WhatsApp 'will remain autonomous and operate independently' of Facebook.

Do check out the blogpost on Whatsapp official blog -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    If Whats App does not compromise on its principles like no ad interruptions then it is surely a great deal for them...
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    Rajni Jain
    Who know that was the main reason for Facebook to acquire WhatsApp to increase their user base across the globe?

Crazy Thought, right? 😁
    Yes..
    This can surely be a reason..😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I must say that its a great deal to whatsapp and the thing like most is that "whatsapp will remain the same".
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I must say that its a great deal to whatsapp and the thing like most is that "whatsapp will remain the same".
    Partially Agree.

It is great deal for WhatsApp and more than that for Facebook.
    WhatsApp is already going great guns, It's facebook which is dipping a bit over the last few months (atleast popularity wise). This deal should help FB more than WhatsApp.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Hope WhatsApp will seek technical expertise from Facebook to finally release a S40 version so that many feature phone users can take advantage of WhatsApp on their phone instead of having to rely on costly SMSes. I have used the Facebook S40 version and its messaging was really nice to use.
    On a second thought Facebook have been really clever in making this deal. No news agency could even get the faintest idea when the deal was in the making. Plus they have some how managed to sell the Facebook stocks that could mean depending on market conditions WhatsApp will either get more or less money from the sale.
    Finally, I am quite skeptical of the statement of WhatsApp co-founder and CEO Jan Koum stating that nothing will change. I remember the time Snaptu (a very very good app for S40 phones at least) was bought by Facebook and they shut it down to bring the S40 version of Facebook.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Here's an inspirational note that WhatsApp CEO keeps on his desk-

whatsApp ​
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Hope WhatsApp will seek technical expertise from Facebook to finally release a S40 version so that many feature phone users can take advantage of WhatsApp on their phone instead of having to rely on costly SMSes. I have used the Facebook S40 version and its messaging was really nice to use.
    Even I use S40 feature phone (doesn't support WApp). Lets see what WhatsApp (better say, Facebook) has in store for me! πŸ˜›
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    DO you know WhatsApp Inc. is only 5 year old start-up and was founded in 2009 by American Brian Acton and Ukrainian Jan Koum (also the CEO), both former employees of Yahoo!, and is based in Mountain View, California and have employee strength of 55 (Per sources).

So, these 19 billion USD's will be spread in only 55 great minds.

Whoa! what a start-up.
    Which is the best deal you think for the buyer?
    Facebook's acquisation of whatsapp or MS acquisation of Skype back in 2011.

Whatsapp has above 443million users and skype has more tgan 660million registered users.

So can we expect a vast expansion of whatsapp in other countries?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Everything is user information including Habits, Chats and sms that's what makes what's app worth more than Motorola and Sun Microsystem.

This is actually failure of Facebook design/Engineering/marketing failure that their Messenger app failed and they had to spend $19 Billion β˜•
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Which is the best deal you think for the buyer?
    Facebook's acquisation of whatsapp or MS acquisation of Skype back in 2011.

Whatsapp has above 443million users and skype has more tgan 660million registered users.

So can we expect a vast expansion of whatsapp in other countries?
    Skype has almost 40 % active user base on a moth basis. WhatsApp has a whopping 70% active user base and is increasing that by a million newly registered users every day.

What do you say now?
    Definitely WhatsApp should get a boost with this deal.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Its like LEGENDARY collaboration. Facebook has in the face!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally wish WhatsApp never agreed to the acquisition. They had the ability to take on Facebook had they kept playing the game. But that's what happens to every VC backed company. They had no workable revenue model and the pressure from other rivals was always growing. $19 billion was just too much to lose.

Sad to see that Facebook now has access to our phonebooks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: I personally think, we should build CE's own WhatsApp πŸ˜‰
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    They always had that access. When you installed messenger, it asked for the permissions to manage contacts
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nayan Goenka
    They always had that access. When you installed messenger, it asked for the permissions to manage contacts
    I never used Facebook on my phone. I was okay letting WhatsApp have my phone book; but not Facebook πŸ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    I wonder what was so 'trustable' about whatsapp! 😲 Be it whatsapp or facebook, you are watched. And who knows what they do about your private data!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, they were not as evil as Facebook. I don't like Facebook getting access to my phone book by for $19 billion. ;-)
  • lal
    lal
    Hehehe.. The most silent are sometimes the worst 😁 I don't say whatsapp is evil (and no one knows except the whatsapp officials themselves). But, simply there isn't any rock solid reason to believe they were angels. Neither FB.

For some reason, everything 'closed' has something fishy in it 😁
    Its a good deal for Whats app and Security is the only thing now haunts everyone.
    So Is facebook playing any mind game in this 19Billion transaction?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a 4rth year electronics and instrumentation engineering student , plz suggest me some paoject topics on temperature and level control without using microcontroller
I am not in demand of anything but lastly i read a post and intutively thought of posting "hahahaha" in reply to that . But suddenly i thought that i've...
To find the minutest detail behind numerical data - structured and unstructured - founder Dr. Dorian Selz started Squirro along with co-founders Toni Birrer, Patrice Neff and Felix Hurlimann in...
Acer has announced the mid-range Liquid E3 and the entry-level Liquid Z4 smartphones. Both the smartphones will premiere at the MWC in Barcelona. Acer Liquid E3: This one comes with...
The much-awaited Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, the mini-variant of the popular Xperia Z1 is now official in India. The phone has been launched at Rs. 36,990 on company’s official website...