#Facebook Tests Another Twitter- "Trending Topics" In News Feed.

Facebook is slipping a lot on Twittery grounds! The social network recently launched the #hash-tag feature, which formed the heart of Twitter, and now it's planning to pluck a major horcrux off the latter's feather- the "Trending Topics" section in the homepage News Feed. A Facebook spokeswoman confirmed this saying- "We are running a small test of a unit on News Feed. Right now it only available to a small percentage of US users and it is still in the early stages of development.โ€ She added that Facebook shall divulge more details regarding the same if it affirms a broad release of the feature.

facebook-trending-topicsโ€‹
Now this test nails a new pin in the existing Facebook-Twitter brawl to be the most awesome social network there ever was, or ever could be- by offering users a comfortable hub for online real-time conversations. Advertisers now shall be keenly observing both the platform now, and undoubtedly the ultimate ad-choice for them shall be the one where the #rants and #ramblings are greater.

Similar to Twitter, Facebook's trending-topics section shall contain popular hashtags that generate a huge lot of conversation, and the algorithm is expected to be such that all the similar topics shall be featured too. And whoa, at the upper corner of the News-Feed sidebar, this section shall point and laugh at Twitter more prominently (and yes, that's where its position is expected to be.) We're just waiting for this war to gain more momentum. May the supreme force win!

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I think Fb Engineer's are showing laziness in inventing something new on their own, they are just busy copying Twitter.

And people on facebook are just time killers.. ๐Ÿ˜› [BAD SOCIAL NETWORK]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I sincerely believe that this is actually a 'trick' by Facebook. Here's how it works-

1. Built a few 'bugs' in the system.
    2. Let people in other countries discover them.
    3. Offer them cash prize.
    4. Media follows the stories like mad.
    5. Facebook gets a HUGE amount of publicity in print, magazines and TV - for peanuts.

๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    oh yes,
    I never thought of that side of the coin..

Yeah, I think this is the way , because recently two bugs were discovered..

Nice strategy by FB ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Meh! I messed up with the article and the comment. This comment was intended for the post about discovering bugs! โ˜•
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    And me too...may be you can move them?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Facebook may play thes dirty games but it is the most successful social network. It cant be denied. For the new additions, this will bring more spice here. Let's see how it rolls out

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been recently told that there are no walk-ins organized by the companies. Most of the recruitment happens through campus. Gone are the days when companies like TCS, Cognizant, Wipro,...
The following is a brief summary highlighting the main differences of these fuels. Much more comprehensive details of the fuel properties and compositions is available from other web sources and...
Would love to have opinions on whether we should have stricter rules on the signatures. I see some of the signatures are so big that they penetrate your eyes. Should...
A start to the new generation of emission less vehicles. Siemens and the Vietnam Motors Industry Corporation (Vinamotor) are launching the first hybrid bus with a combined electric/diesel drive in...
We're still a few weeks away from the official Playstation 4 launch, but Sony's keeping our excitement levels high with periodic updates about its upcoming hardware. Not much was known...