Facebook Slideshow Doesn't Let You Miss Ads Even When You Have Slow Internet Connection

Although most of the websites today have that feature of ‘skip ad’, most of us netizens are well aware of how even a few seconds of the advertisement running time can be really irritating. Nonetheless, we all have to go through it anyway. But what is most infuriating is that these advertisements eat into our data packs. We are willing to pay for the video but have no choice but to pay for the advertisements. But now, Facebook has come up with an idea. No, it’s not something like YouTube Red. It’s something entirely different.

In the coming few weeks, you will come across the Facebook Slideshow. The advertisements, you see in the form of videos at the beginning or in the middle of a video will be replaced by slideshows. Yes, just the PowerPoint slideshow. They will be quiet but they will be there. For putting up their ad, all the advertiser needs to do is to make a slideshow of images with a relevant text and submit it just like they submitted the videos.

The images in the slideshow can be a simple image, or still images of a video or any other image. The advertisers will have to choose the length for which they want to show their slideshow. Facebook has restricted the length of the slideshow from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. Naturally, higher the time, higher will be the amount the advertisers will need to pay.

facebook_slideshow

Slideshow gives a video like feel without any sound but with relevant data. Facebook is saying that this will help to increase their connectivity with the audience that have access to poor connectivity of internet. Early testing by Facebook has revealed that a 15 second slideshow decreases the overall size of the video by almost as much as 5 times than an actual video of the same length.

Many companies will soon begin using this mode of advertisements. Coca Cola has already done so. Above you can see the advertisements Coca Cola placed in Kenya and Nigeria to advertise about the new season of Coke Studio Africa. In the coming weeks, Slideshow will be rolling out to Power Editor and Ads Manager and if you wish to place an ad, you can do so by contacting your Facebook account manager.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo has announced the launch of its two premium Windows 10 convertible laptops called the new YOGA 700 which are available in sizes: 11 and 14 inch. These laptops can...
What you need : - Raspberry Pi / Raspberry Pi 2 / Cubieboard2 / Cubietruck - Sdcard to install ArkOS in it. - Another desktop/Laptop to access Genesis GUI -...
Background: I happen to live in a Delhi NCR Condo where there is 24 hour power back up. There are frequent power cuts, voltage drops and fluctuations. While the power...
I am looking forward to participate and be part of this unique group and this has come about, thanks to my citizenary interest in alternate power sources and environment. In...
hello, I'm utibeabasi a newly registered member. please what are the major challenges faced by structural eng ineers?