Facebook Messenger Update Out For iOS - Features Short Videos And Even Bigger Likes

Facebook Messenger for iOS received a major update in its latest version. Apart from the usual bug fixes and new stickers, it now has the features for "instant video sending" and "Big Like". By the sound of it, it might be easy for you to tell what facilities they provide. Yes, you guessed it right. ‘Instant video sending’ allows you to shoot and play videos using the camera within the app itself, saving you the pain of capturing the video first and then uploading it to the app .The only restriction here is that the video length can be just 15 seconds.

On the other hand, the new "Big Like" feature in the update allows you to send even bigger likes (as if the existing once were not big enough). If you really 'like' something a lot, all you have to do is press and hold send.

screen568x568 (1)

The 35.4 MB update comes in a variety of languages ranging from English (as usual) to Norwegian, Dutch, Greek, French, Japanese, Polish, Vietnamese and many more. The total number of languages being 30. With SnapChat receiving an update that featured real time chat via text and videos and Apple too announcing the in line video feature in iOS 8 messaging app at WWDC, it was not exactly a surprise to anyone, when FB Messenger followed suit. In fact, Facebook owned WhatsApp is also all set to receive a video calling feature soon.

screen568x568

Meanwhile, you can note that the Facebook Messenger update is out for free download #-Link-Snipped-# for iOS users.

Source: Facebook Messenger updated with 15-second video messages, even bigger likes - 9to5Mac

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Waiting for Android platform update

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am a Soft Skill Trainer and a Resume Writer. I had 7 yrs experience as a HR in a Multinational Company. If any one is looking for Soft...
Dears, All of us know that chemical reaction between calcium oxide (quicklime) with water will produce heat energy strongly by the following equation: Cao + H2O = Ca(OH)2 -> releases...
i've heard that hp laptops are not as good as they used to be and dell laptops are better in comparison to hp laptops these days. is it really true?
Hi CEans I am using a airtel dth for past two years and I am experiencing problem here. If I am correct all the set top box would be equipped...
Everytime I try the subplot command in MATLAB command window, it says rectangular wave instead of showing the description about it. I tried reinstalling it but problem persists.