Facebook Brings 'Moments' - The Photo and Video Sharing App In India

Few months ago, Facebook had launched an app called Moments which makes it possible for users to share photos privately with their friends by sifting through images using facial recognition technology. The facial recognition feature allows the app to share it with all the people that are actually in the photo thus allowing us to get over the hassle of remembering whom to share the photograph with. The app was launched only in US. But now, Facebook has released the app in India too by rolling it out on the app stores of both Android and iOS platforms.

Since releasing the app in US, Facebook also added a new feature in the app. The new feature allows us to create a video of the photographs along with background music. This feature requires a minimum of six images to make a video. Whether or not there is an upper limit on the number of images in the video is not yet known. Facebook said that the updated app will roll out eventually.

facebook_moments_app_india

To use the video feature, all the user has to do is tap on the video icon and begin by adding or removing images. After this, the user can select from any of the 10 background music scores which are based on different situations and the video is ready. Naturally, there is an option to directly share your video on Facebook and tag other users.

The app do has some drawbacks. Firstly, there are just 10 background music files which makes both the variation in videos and the video length restricted. The feature of using any other music file as background is missing. Secondly, the video is shareable only on Facebook and not on any other site. And finally, there is no option of either adding video filters or editing photographs. Let’s hope that Facebook soon update its app with these features.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I read that when voltage level is constant for a while,spectrum creates very low frequencies.How are voltage levels related to frequency?
How do you like the idea of having tiny robotic fish, of the width smaller than hair, deliver drugs inside your body? Well, as bizarre as it may sound, this...
Hi sir, I am a 2015 pass out B.Tech fresher looking for a job. but most of the small scale companies asked for certification and if i apply for any...
Heartiest congratulations to CEan @Ankita Katdare on passing the Japanese advance level N2 exam! The N2 level is quite difficult to crack and requires lot of preparation. Ankita - tell...
i m in the final year of my b.tech program and i have made a project on online blog system using asp.net .what are the possible interview questions that can...