Facebook Acquires Tech-Security Firm PrivateCore For A Connected, Secure Online Environment

Facebook earlier today announced its acquisition of PrivateCore, a Palo Alto-based secure server technology company, technology of which Facebook plans to incorporate in its own server system. Terms of the deal remain undisclosed still. Whether this move is pertaining to their existing servers, or whether this acquisition is a bigger plan in Facebook's e-commerce dream is to be seen.

facebook

PrivateCore, founded in late 2011, offers vCage Solution, that lets the company concomitantly sanction remote servers and protect data being used. Any application run on a commodity x86 server could be protected using PrivateCore’s security software that combines the best of on-premise security and cloud-base security.

Joe Sullivan, Facebook's Head of Security, added that with the company embracing high volume HTTPS encryption by default, the data centers needed to be secured more efficiently. With vCage technology, servers shall be better protected against malwares, unauthorized physical access, and malicious hardware devices, thus ensuring safety for any running application in hosted, outsourced or cloud environments, believes he. Oded Horovitz, CEO - PrivateCore, shall be moving into Facebook following the acquisition.

Replies

• Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    With Facebook expanding.. Security should come first.. This is the most important concern of subscribers..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vipin Thomas
    With Facebook expanding.. Security should come first.. This is the most important concern of subscribers..
    Facebook's not expanding. It's trying to keep itself afloat. The cool kids have already left Facebook and are looking for the next big thing. Facebook is just trying to keep the trust of the users as long as it can.
  • Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Facebook's not expanding. It's trying to keep itself afloat. The cool kids have already left Facebook and are looking for the next big thing. Facebook is just trying to keep the trust of the users as long as it can.
    With whatsapp acquisition, it should to be expanding, right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vipin Thomas
    With whatsapp acquisition, it should to be expanding, right?
    Depends on what you call expansion. WhatsApp is just a new feature that got added to the Facebook Ecosystem. Facebook thrived on getting people on its platform; and it's already achieved it.
  • Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    Yes facebook was fighting irrelevance. It already had a basic messaging platform. With WhatsApp they must have added users in newer geographies. Along with it comes huge messaging platform which churns around 60% of messages what Facebook does now. Facebook is going to grow by buying out companies like WhatsApp. There are still untapped markets out there.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    As of now I do not see any competition to Facebook when we talks about the social media site. The nearest is G+ but Facebook is still well ahead of it.

This acquisition was just to strengthening its security for the upcoming things (I am hoping that soon FB will come up with something big).
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Facebook's also hiring Linux Kernel Software Engineer to improve linux networking stack.
    Here's the job posting : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    hmmm...................now that i know all this, what do i do ?
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Good move Facebook, but you still can't prevent the government agencies from snooping around

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was amazed on seeing this.... https://www.theengineer.co.uk/electr...t-inspired-by-protein-folding/1019053.article
Hello friends, can anyone explain about the ##operator in c language and how it works??
i need guidelines or if possible a soure code for my final year project :luggage surface detection using wavelet and neural network. The software ti be use is Matlab. Thanks....
How the Zener works??? A P-N junction diode lets current flow in only one direction and needs to be installed in the correct direction. A zener is different than it....
Fork of buildroot for Raspberry Pi from heaven! 😁 If you don't know what is buildroot, read from here : https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html & then use your knowledge for RPi-buildroot. Here's the...