Euthanasia - Right or Wrong?

We are all aware of what the term means, in case some of us do not, here I paste the Wikipedia definition:

"Euthanasia is the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering."

Here is the word of law on Euthanasia in India (Pasted from Wikipedia:

"Euthanasia Passive And Active Euthanasia is legal in India.Legality Of Euthanasia Cite Note 21 On 7 March 2011 the Supreme Court Of India legalised passive euthanasia by means of the withdrawal of Life Support to patients in a Permanent Vegetative State.Legality Of Euthanasia Cite Note Hindu1 22Legality Of Euthanasia Cite Note 23 Forms of Euthanasia, including the administration of lethal compounds, are illegal.Legality Of Euthanasia Cite Note La Times 24

I would like to know where we stand on this. Should active euthanasia be legal too?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract: Cloud computing is increasing day by day as its advantages overcome the disadvantage of various early computing techniques. Cloud provides huge amount of online...
Project Abstract / Summary : WEB APPLICATION FOR PROVIDING OPTIMISIED PRICE FOR EATERIES IN A CITY. Abstract Today’s society has changed from menu on paper to menu looked over internet,...
Project Abstract / Summary : Design of an optical sensor using sensing membrane lifetime measurement technique. R. Dharakeshwari, B. Nithya Department of E & I Velammal engineering college, chennai​ ABSTRACT:...
Project Abstract / Summary : In small-scale industries and automobile maintenance shops, there are frequent needs of tightening and loosening of screws, drilling, boring, grinding machine. Huge and complicated designed...
Project Abstract / Summary : we are designing a docking system that can be used with any arbitary multirotor uav/manned aerial system that automatically detects low battery and autonomously navigates...