ETI Dynamics Solar Electric Hybrid Scooter Price, Range and Features

ETI Dynamics has launched a new solar electric hybrid scooter in India. The scooter, priced at Rs. 50,000 is a sure-shot head turner with a canopy of bendable solar panels that promise to add about 15-20% efficiency gain. The solar panels at the top will keep the batteries charged when you're on the move and offer a total range of about 50 kilometers on a single charge. Intended for use on city-roads; this scooter can cruise at a top speed of 50km/hr.

ETI Dynamics informed the media at the launch event organized at Press Club of India that this scooter has a light-weight and weatherproof design. It was further revealed that the company will announce the adaptation of this technology in other transportation modes like buses, golf carts and even auto-rickshaws in coming months. The pilot of these scooters will be initiated in about 6 select Indian cities soon and the first batch of the scooters will be delivered in the first quarter of 2016.

Rajneesh Wadhwa, COO at ETI Dynamics said that the EV markets haven't yet taken off in India because of several challenges like high costs of solar vehicles and lack of infrastructure to allow charging of EVs. Also, the hybrid solar technology is currently limited mostly to four-wheelers. ETI Dynamics will work helping solve this problem by launching new technologies along with charging infrastructure in India.

ETI-Dynamics-Solar-Hybrid-Scooter

Sanmit Ahuja, CEO at ETI Dynamics informed that the company will also work on creating mobile apps that will help the users find nearby charging stations, make quick payments, monitor battery performance and even calculate the range. The company is in talks with Digit Group (USA) and Sunon Energy of India for changing the charging landscape in Indian cities.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Vikrantkhaliyav
    Vikrantkhaliyav
    Great concept . But it requires many design changes
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vikrantkhaliyav
    Agreed. I personally do not like the canopy. I guess they could get equal surface area by putting those solar panels on the body of the scooter. That could however limit overall exposure to Sun.
  • Vikrantkhaliyav
    Vikrantkhaliyav
    Vikrantkhaliyav
    Its not looking like hybrid
  • Jonathan Romero
    Jonathan Romero
    With the new (three layered) pv that captures all the wavelengths, it could simply be put on existing electric golf carts that seat up to six people (They have a rounded top just as shown on the scooter and are very light weight.) This would be a fine way of traveling in congested cities, especially in downtown areas of relatively small distances.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The popularity of fitness band seems to be growing all over the world. I was wondering if the fitness bands are actually useful and want to know about first hand...
Android factory reset option promises to wipe out all your personal data and information from your gadget. It's a common and suggested practice to factory reset your phone or tablet...
I really think that food delivery is just a 'logistics' problem that has already been solved. Yet, I continue to see new startups coming up in this space every new...
Many Many happy returns of the day @SarathKumar Chandrasekaran We hope you are having a great day. All the best for days to come. 🎉
The government of India has taken steps to setup 70 supercomputers to accelerate research work in various domains including weather and defence. These supercomputers will have varying speed of operations...