ETABS software help!

Hi.. I am new to ETABS.
I like to start from the beginning. I need to design a Reinforced Concrete beam.
Is it possible to find out the depth and reinforcements required by the beam, if the load applied on it and grades of both Concrete and Steel are given?

(For example: A reinforced beam is supported on two walls 750mm thick, spaced at a clear distance of 6 metres. Super imposed load acting on it is 9.8kN/m. Grade of concrete: M20. Grade of steel: Fe415)

Now.. is it possible to find out the width, depth, reinforcements required for that beam with ETABS?.
OR is there any Software ever developed to solve the above problem with the help of a computer?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The first time I watched Fantastic Voyage, the 1966 movie where a submarine along with a crew is shrunk and injected into the blood stream of a scientist in order...
Good Afternoon Kaustubh sir , Sir can you please guide about me about internship, I am currently in 6th semester and will be appearing for my theory examinations . I...
Your Facebook messages will soon come with a ticking time bomb that would destroy them after you have viewed them on Messenger. Yes, Snapchat style self destructing messages are soon...
There's yet another good news, from GIMPS 2016 held at Beijing, for all techies out there. A China based start-up named Zero Zero Robotics has recently unveiled their latest “hover...
Domestic smartphone giant Micromax has launched the Canvas Mega 2 smartphone coming with an enduring battery at Rs 7,999. It features a 6-inch qHD display (960 × 540 pixels) resolution,...