Error In Installing 64-bit OS in VMware.

I am using 64 bit system, I have installed latest VMware & while I mount image & try to install any 64-bit, it gives me error as below :

Screenshot from 2013-11-12 19:22:43

Need to fix this asap. Please help 😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update :
    uname -a says I am using 64-bit kernel too
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Which linux distro are you using?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Aadit Kapoor
    Which linux distro are you using?
    eOS .. But ArchLinux as primary, because it's way too ahead than any distro out [HASHTAG]#personalopinion[/HASHTAG]
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Found the solution with the help of awesome community of Linux.
    Here's the solution
    : #-Link-Snipped-#
    or #-Link-Snipped-#
    Linux community, undoubtedly awesome! 👍
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Was the error due to 32 bit kernel on Host OS and you ware trying to install 64 bit virtual machine?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I was using 64bit Kernel only (3.2), for some reason Virtualbox was not showing 64 bit versions of any distro in software.
    So, I installed latest vanilla Kernel (3.13 -rc), updated the modules under init.d, rebooted the system & now I am able to select & install 64bit version of any distro.

I really can't figure out what was the real reason behind error : Kernel or virtualbox.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Can anyone teach me how to install arch linux
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Aadit Kapoor
    Can anyone teach me how to install arch linux
    Archlinux wiki is very well documented, try it :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

It has too much in documentation, so if you're new Linux user & you feel bit up in working in terminal, then here's small how-to which may help you, but still you've to use terminal to install Arch, as there's no GUI in arch in installation.
    Arch & Gentoo are two distributions which any user who wanna learn Linux must use. trust me.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

That front facing camera on your smartphone that shoots brilliant selfies may be revaling your secrets, in more ways than you can imagine. And yes, be very warned of voice...
Watch this awesome video! Is it worth spoiling our health or do we need to change? Hoping for a mixed response!
What are Infrastructure debt bonds? It was in ET today. I could not understand it. The newspaper said, it is long term (5, 10, 15, 20) years. Can anyone tell...
Yamaha's corner at the the Tokyo Motor Show is sizzling with the new concept electric motorcycles and PES1 is definitely the attention seeker. This unimaginably light vehicle weighs a little...
It looks like a lot of people believe that legalising betting and putting up 'tax' on the income made through betting would turn out to be beneficial. CBI direct Sinha...