Free courses from COURSERA:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Free courses from COURSERA:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The course appears to teach various processes businesses can follow. What it won't or may never teach what to do when despite doing all of it, things go wrong and stress builds up. It won't teach how to handle rejection from VCs and keep going even after 30th VC rejects you.

On the other hand, most of the things included in the course can be learned on the go; on need basis.

PS: Sorry if I'm sounding very negative; but that's how I look at everything that has 'entrepreneurship' in the title.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On the other hand, most of the things included in the course can be learned on the go; on need basis.
    You may well be right. My knowledge on these matters is negligible. However, the other tech courses on Coursera are quite good.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    However, the other tech courses on Coursera are quite good.
    Totally agree on that. I guess I shouldn't comment on the course without taking it first.

😳
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess I shouldn't comment on the course without taking it first.
    While the tech courses are by competent tech people, we cannot assume the same about the entrepreneurship area.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that a lot of startups today aren't aware of the terms like:

1. Value propositions
    2. Customer segments
    3. MVP
    4. Written analysis of the business model
    etc.

Though I wont call it a necessary pre-requisite for starting a business, knowing your basics and understanding how big players do these things can help a lot. When a startup owner goes to meet a VC, the last thing he wants is to sound dumb or be someone who hasn't done any homework. Startup owners are also supposed to network a lot - this includes startup launch events, weekend discussions and what-not. If you walk into any of such place, chances are that you will hear these terms being thrown around across the hall over cups of coffees. Again, doing your homework is helpful.

Not advocating at all about this particular course, but you need to read books or blogs and understand all these things when you are serious about entrepreneurship.

Like #-Link-Snipped-# said, all these things can be learnt along the way, but that's the hard way. There's so much information available these days that even 1 hour of reading every day, can give the entrepreneur the daily dose of knowledge that can come handy when executing tasks at hand.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Not many people know that the Tadoba - Andhari National Park remains open for the guests even during the monsoon season. I planned a surprise for my family last weekend...
Reliance Jio is leaving no stone unturned for a big bang launch of their 4G services in India by December this year. Yesterday, on the eve of India's Independence Day,...
hi everyone i m a student of final year civil engineering , and i wanted to give my seminar on rollar coaster steel structure. I m not so sure about...
I am very interested in project management. So,i choose my project on topic "Project management simulation" for B.Tech final year. Now i want some guidance and want to know about...
hai sir, i am having a doubt in interview series.i am having all the eligiblity criteria based on marks but i am having one arrear now and i am having...