English Usage: Software Vs. Softwares

I've come across lot of people who use the term 'Softwares'. Even I used it lot of times before I realized that 'software' cannot be pluralized!

So even if you have 10 different applications installed on your computer, you have 'software' installed and not '10 softwares'.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PS:
Even the spell checking in MS Word says 'softwares' is a typo. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• Predictor
    Predictor
    If I have 100 programs on my computer, I have a great deal of software. There is no "softwares".
  • sbscetferozpur
    sbscetferozpur
    thanx for correcting me up
  • lal
    lal
    Oh! I have been using the wrong word till now..!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I still ask my friends what all softwares you have installed in your system? so its a typo! thanks for the info ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    nice info ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Technically you can say you are selling soft "wares" ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks for your information.

But I know this earlier.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    wow. thanks . I didn't know that !
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ash
    Technically you can say you are selling soft "wares" ๐Ÿ˜›
    Good one!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    a very good info biggie never herd of that.. thanks again for sharing

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: Nokia - ShowPressRelease About Novarra Novarra, the Internet Mobility company, provides high performance mobile internet browsers and platforms for operators, handset manufacturers and internet brands to create new services...
Hello Friends, well there is a particular folder whose contents I want to hide.My friends suggested me download some software for this but one of my friends suggested I can...
I am an engineering(information science) student.I have my technical seminar on monday(29-3-2009) . My topic is "blue eye technology" so please can i get a abstract on this topic. please...
Source: World's tallest tower to 'go dark' on March 27 - Yahoo! India News Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure, will join tens of thousands of iconic buildings and landmarks...
Photo Vacuum Packer File Size: 1136 Operating System: Windows XP,Windows Vista Photo Vacuum Packer frees disk space by optimizing photos from the folders you select. Optimized photos are easier to...