Engineers invent a way without using traffic signals - Can this work?

I saw an interesting video on Facebook the other day. I later heard that this kind of setup is already implemented at Sector 18 Noida in India along with an underpass for one side.

Take a look here -

What do you think about it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's the minimum area requirement for this kind of setup? We'll have to consider the minimum car turning radius in order to implement this at existing squares.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Right. The video is being shared with the tagline 'No more traffic jams'. I was just looking at the setup and wondering how will pedestrians cross the roads? Or does it have to be just the way we do it in India? Cross the road when the car density is lesser. 😨
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I assume the video wants to get rid of the traffic signals because of the wait time at the signal. In this case, as Kaustubh has already pointed out, you implement the same "functionality" although on a larger area, where you might end up spending the same time traveling to an "exit" as you would end up spending on the traffic signal. With this solution, it appears a traffic signal is a spatially sensible and smart idea (as long as people respect the signal colors).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Been working on hobby AVR project since couple of days, I was looking for a nice plugin for Atom or Sublime Text 3, and after lurking ST package control I...
Putting a rest to the rumours, OPPO R7s smartphone has been officially launched. The unveiling happened at an event in Dubai and as of now there's no word about the...
Vodafone India has promised to roll out 4G services in Delhi by December. The service will be expanded to cover the NCR region viz. Noida, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon over the...
Hi Dudes, I'm currently working on a project where i'm using Ni-chrome wire as a heating element. I stuck in a place where I cannot exactly find the increase in...
For years, Segways have been the toys of the financially elite who want to look cool avoiding walking on their feet. The two-wheeled, self-balancing, battery-powered electric vehicle has always been...