Engineers' Day Quiz's Correct Answers Are Here!

Hello all,

Sharing the correct answers of yesterday's quiz -

Question 1.
MATCH THE PAIRS (2)

Correct Answer: 1-c 2-d 3-a 4-b
Source: Engineer%27S Day | #-Link-Snipped-#

Question 2. Name the location of this engineering marvel.

quiz-question

Correct Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: It's the Chenab Bridge!
It's a railway steel arch bridge under construction between Bakkal and Kauri in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir in India. When finished, the bridge will span the Chenab River at a height of 359 m (1,178 ft) above the river, making it the world's highest rail bridge. O BOY!

Question 3. A tachometer is used for measuring -

Correct Answer: Rotational speed
Explanation: A tachometer (revolution-counter, tach, rev-counter, RPM gauge) is an instrument measuring the rotation speed of a shaft or disk, as in a motor or other machine.

Question 4. This bridge is a -
Golden_Gate_Bridge_0002

Correct Answer: Suspension bridge
Explanation: A suspension bridge is a type of bridge in which the deck (the load-bearing portion) is hung below suspension cables on vertical suspenders.

Question 5. Plasticity is a property of a material to undergo:

Correct Answer: a non-reversible change of shape in response to an applied force

Question 6. What number does "giga" stand for?

Correct Answer: One Billion
Explanation: One real Gigabyte is actually 1024 bytes x 1024 bytes x 1024 bytes...1,073,741,824. However, most people like to simplify this by simply saying that one Gigabyte is only 1,000,000,000 (one billion) bytes; which makes sense because the prefix Giga means one billion.

Question 7. Who was the First Indian scientist who got the nobel prize in 1968 for deciphering the genetic code?

Correct Answer: H.G. Khorana
Explanation: The 1968 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Har Gobind Khurana with Marshall W. Nirenberg and Robert W. Holley for research that showed how the order of nucleotides in nucleic acids, which carry the genetic code of the cell, control the cell’s synthesis of proteins.

Question 8. The International Space Station (ISS) orbits the Earth at an altitude of almost:

Correct Answer: 400km (250mi)

Replies

• YASH BARDHAN SINGH
    YASH BARDHAN SINGH
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello all,

Sharing the correct answers of yesterday's quiz -

Question 1.
    MATCH THE PAIRS (2)

Correct Answer: 1-c 2-d 3-a 4-b
    Source: Engineer%27S Day | #-Link-Snipped-#

Question 2. Name the location of this engineering marvel.

quiz-question

Correct Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
    Explanation: It's the Chenab Bridge!
    It's a railway steel arch bridge under construction between Bakkal and Kauri in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir in India. When finished, the bridge will span the Chenab River at a height of 359 m (1,178 ft) above the river, making it the world's highest rail bridge. O BOY!

Question 3. A tachometer is used for measuring -

Correct Answer: Rotational speed
    Explanation: A tachometer (revolution-counter, tach, rev-counter, RPM gauge) is an instrument measuring the rotation speed of a shaft or disk, as in a motor or other machine.

Question 4. This bridge is a -
    Golden_Gate_Bridge_0002

Correct Answer: Suspension bridge
    Explanation: A suspension bridge is a type of bridge in which the deck (the load-bearing portion) is hung below suspension cables on vertical suspenders.

Question 5. Plasticity is a property of a material to undergo:

Correct Answer: a non-reversible change of shape in response to an applied force

Question 6. What number does "giga" stand for?

Correct Answer: One Billion
    Explanation: One real Gigabyte is actually 1024 bytes x 1024 bytes x 1024 bytes...1,073,741,824. However, most people like to simplify this by simply saying that one Gigabyte is only 1,000,000,000 (one billion) bytes; which makes sense because the prefix Giga means one billion.

Question 7. Who was the First Indian scientist who got the nobel prize in 1968 for deciphering the genetic code?

Correct Answer: H.G. Khorana
    Explanation: The 1968 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Har Gobind Khurana with Marshall W. Nirenberg and Robert W. Holley for research that showed how the order of nucleotides in nucleic acids, which carry the genetic code of the cell, control the cell’s synthesis of proteins.

Question 8. The International Space Station (ISS) orbits the Earth at an altitude of almost:

Correct Answer: 400km (250mi)
    when will results be announced? I got each answer correctly. Wishing for a first prize 😉
  • shrikant chitalkar
    shrikant chitalkar
    Me too got all answers correct..now all goes with a luck..which is never in favour of mine.
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    I answered 7 questions correctly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 4G fever is not just gripping the smartphone market but has also spread to tablets as well. This has become evident with the launch of the new iBall Slide...
please kindly send me the softwares useful to complete the project if u aware of it please kindly send me the links of proteus and isis simulator softwares
plz tell me how to put up any question for conversation bz i m new user at this site.I m not getting the option ,from where i can upload my...
Videocon is soon going to release its new smartphone, Q1 V500K in the Indian market. The device has been listed in the Videocon’s official website and will soon be available...
On September 15, we conducted a small quiz for all the registered members of CrazyEngineers IO. We think the level of quiz questions varied between easy to moderate. We know...