Engineers Day Essay Contest - Announcement

September 15 is celebrated as 'Engineers Day' in India in the honor of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya on this birth day. Now that we're just a few days away from celebrating Engineers Day, we're happy to announce national level essay competition for all CEans. The competition is open for all (and if you are a visitor who has not joined CE yet, you should join immediately).

The title of the Essay is going to be simple - 'Happy Engineers Day'. We want you to run your creative juices to write an essay that adheres to the following rules -

1. The essay should end with any following lines -

...and that's why friends, I wish you Happy Engineers Day.

OR

...it is our responsibility, because we are engineers. Happy Engineers Day.

OR

...that's when I told him/her, "Happy Engineers Day".

OR

...nothing else matters. Happy Engineers Day.

OR

...15 September, 2050. Happy Engineers Day.

OR

...and this was the moment I realized I became a true engineer. Happy Engineers Day!

OR

...and this is why I think engineering is important and relevant today. Happy Engineers Day!

2. The essay should be at least 500 words. There's no max limit, but unless you've something really amazing to write, keep it less than 2000 words.

3. You may post more maximum 3 essays.

4. Your essay may include photos and videos.

How To Submit Your Essays?

You must post your essay in reply to the following thread: (CLICK) Happy Engineers Day

Judging Criteria

CrazyEngineers Editor-In-Chief @#-Link-Snipped-# will be the final judge and her judgement will remain unchallenged. Following will be the most important factors -
  • Originality Of The Content
  • Overall Presentation Of Thoughts
  • Style Of Writing
  • Creative use of images & videos [do not forget to mention source of the images/videos you use]. Use of images/videos is NOT compulsory!
Eligibility: All members of CrazyEngineers. If you are not a member, Join Today!

Important Dates:

Competition Starts: 09 September 2013. 9:00 PM (IST)
Competition Ends: 14 September 2013: 11:59 PM (IST)
Winner Announcement: 15 September 2013 [Engineers Day, India]

Prize: Flipkart Gift Voucher Worth Rs. 2000. If the winner is not a resident of India, we'll send equivalent in USD via PayPal. πŸ‘

If you have questions, please post them here.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am In!!!!!!!!!!!1111
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looking forward to some nice, personal write-ups. All the best, guys! πŸ‘
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Why don't you try hiding the contents of Happy Engineers Day Thread: until 14th September 11:59 PM ? That way you'd give the posters a much better challenge and equal excitement to contribute.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I'll try to write one, if I get time...(Exams πŸ‘Ž)

I have a doubt , are we bound to use one of the closing statements given above, or it could be our choice how we want to end the article..?

Anyways, Happy Engineers Day to all in advance..!! πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We want every essay to be different. The one who posts the thread first will get more credit for the originality, naturally; if the idea gets duplicated.

Sanyam Khurana
    I'll try to write one, if I get time...(Exams πŸ‘Ž)

I have a doubt , are we bound to use one of the closing statements given above, or it could be our choice how we want to end the article..?

Anyways, Happy Engineers Day to all in advance..!! πŸ‘
    The essay must end with any of the line 'as it is'.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Awesome. I want to participate πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just want to mention - the entries we've received so far are really cool! Can't wait to see more! πŸ˜€
  • R.Sri Ram
    R.Sri Ram
    That's an awesome idea...!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be even more fabulous if you provide a certificate for the winner...which will be more memorableπŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    R.Sri Ram
    That's an awesome idea...!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be even more fabulous if you provide a certificate for the winner...which will be more memorableπŸ˜€
    There are more awesomer things in the development that will award a certificate to the amazing CEans.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, we want more entries. It should be a tough competition. β˜• Deciding the winner should never be piece of cake.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please note that the essays 'MUST' end with the words we've specified! Else you won't be eligible for the prize.
  • Saenyi
    Saenyi
    where do i create the essay? here? have not seen any link or email address for submitting the essay?
    Saenyi
    where do i create the essay? here? have not seen any link or email address for submitting the essay?
    Please post it in the following link:
    Happy Engineers Day
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    That's really cool Kaustubh!
    I'll also try to book my entry before 14th, would be great/helpful if you could include sunday as well(if possible)πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    piyushh
    That's really cool Kaustubh!
    I'll also try to book my entry before 14th, would be great/helpful if you could include sunday as well(if possible)πŸ˜€
    We're announcing the results on the occasion of engineers' day. So entries must rush by the night of 14th September.
  • Rohit Nair
    Rohit Nair
    But where to post the essays?????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : Read the first post carefully...

How To Submit Your Essays?

You must post your essay in reply to the following thread: Happy Engineers Day
  • Rohit Nair
    Rohit Nair
    k... all right thnks kaustubh......
    So there is a great competition out there. All the best for fellow CEans. Happy Engineers Day in Advance.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Participants, please note that if your essay does not end with the lines we've specified, you won't be eligible for the prize. The instructions are very clear.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure if it's very difficult to understand, but sending your essays to our emails won't help. You must submit your essay in this thread: Happy Engineers Day
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Entries submitted after 11:59 won't be considered. Also, those who've sent their entries via email should post them in the submission thread!
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Thanks Guys. Feeling worm and grooming...lets set up plan.
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    its da Great Competition. When it will be held and known me Essay topics please

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You are at your office desk or cubicle working on your recent assignment and as the afternoon fades away, the sunlight falls directly on your face, interrupting your activity. This...
Our favourite Micro PC is back in business again, this time it is being used to save lives of endangered rhinos in Tsavo National Park, Kenya. Raspberry Pis have been...
A throttling valve is a device that is used to restrict flow to cause a considerable pressure drop. This in turn can cause a large temperature drop, which is why...
hi friends,i have a question..please give me the clear explanation... 1.A belt driven cumulative compounded dc generator is delivering power to the dc mains.if the belt snaps then the machines...
Hello, I was writing a code to find out the number 2^1000. Which is very very large, and no data type can handle this.. Actually I have to use the...