Engineers Day Around The World - When do different countries celebrate it?

CrazyEngineers has been Asia's biggest engineering community for many years. With engineers from over 180 countries visiting the website regularly everyday in thousands of numbers, we take pride in celebrating any day that is related to engineers. On 15th September each year Indians celebrate 'Engineers Day' to mark the birthday of the legendary engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.

Engineers Day is celebrated across the world on different days. Most countries have different days that they celebrate as 'Engineers Day' or 'Engineering Day'. This post is dedicated to sharing information about all the Engineers' Days.

(Especially the ones that mark some important event or person in history)

Engineers Day in Argentina - June 16th

This day is marked as professional holiday to mark the day when Luis Augusto Huergo became the first engineer in Argentina.

Born on Nov 1, 1837, Huergo had enrolled to the School of Engineering at the University of Buenos Aires. Luis Huergo has designed numerous flood control projects, more than 100 railroad bridges and harbor in San Fernando.

Engineers Day in Bahrain and Netherlands - March 20th

Belgian engineers are responsible for the invention of several important things including - tram, jpeg, asphalt and mercator projection.

Engineers Day in Uruguay - October 12th

Engineer's Day is celebrated in Uruguay October 12 every year to commemorate the graduation of the first Uruguayan engineers in 1892.

The first three engineers of Uruguay graduated from the Republic University in 1892.
They were:
José Serrato - the 24th President of Uruguay.
Eduardo García de Zúñiga - Civil Engineer(bridge and road construction)
Pedro Magnou - Civil Engineer

Engineers Day in Mexico - July 1st

Mexican engineers started celebrating this day in 1972, thanks to Eugenio Mendez Docurro - Mexican politician and engineer.

This date marks the anniversary of the Royal Proclamation on the creation of the Real Court of Mining in 1776. This proclamation led to establishment of the Royal School of Mines, where the first curriculum of the engineering profession was drafted.

Engineers Day in Mauritius - September 13th

Celebration of Engineer's Day is organized on the annual basis by the Institution of Engineers of Mauritius. It's a party and also an annual award presenting event, where the winner of the Engineering Project Competitions is announced and awarded with a monetary reward. A special dinner is also a part of Engineer's Day.

Engineers Day in Iran - February 24th

This day marks the birthday of Nasir al-Din al-Tusi, Persian polymath and prolific writer. He is considered to be one of the greatest Persian scholars of the Islamic Golden Age.

Every year the government of Iran holds a special ceremony, that attracts thousands of engineers and engineering students. During the ceremony the most outstanding engineers are awarded for their brilliant service in Iran.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This gives some info:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I abide by this pledge:
    Engineers' Creed

As a Professional Engineer, I dedicate my professional knowledge and skill to the advancement and betterment of human welfare.
    I pledge:
    • To give the utmost of performance;
    • To participate in none but honest enterprise;
    • To live and work according to the laws of man and the highest standards of professional conduct;
    • To place service before profit, the honor and standing of the profession before personal advantage, and the public welfare above all other considerations.
    In humility and with need for Divine Guidance, I make this pledge.

Adopted by National Society of Professional Engineers, June 1954

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Snapdeal will now issue refunds in just 60 minutes! What typically takes about 7 to 10 business days has now been shortened to just an hour by Snapdeal. Snapdeal, a...
Hola folks! CrazyEngineers brings you a Quiz Contest on account of 'Engineers Day 2015'. Since thousands of you will be flocking the site on 15th September, 2015 - we thought...
Why do software MNCs want Freshers with 60% aggregate throughout 10th & 12th?
I need some Creative and/or Innovative Project Ideas on Collaborative filtering (CF). I mean something that's not yet done? Or any good project ideas regarding CF. 😀 Thanks in Advance....
If asked then some people are comfortable to tell,while some don't want to share it with interviewer. Is it held as negative if we don't tell our weaknesses?