Engineering Ethics

Quote:
Just like doctors, engineers are expected to utilize their skills and knowledge in a benevolent fashion. Where the Hippocratic Oath outlines the ethical standards for physicians (simplified as "do no harm") there isn't one standard oath for engineers. Several professional engineer organizations each have their own vows. The following ethics were enacted by the American Society of Professional Engineers in 1914, and also convey the same principles upheld by oaths of other engineering organizations.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

What is the take of CEans on this?

Replies

• Smiech
    Smiech
    As far as I know, this applies on different aspects of human activity and life in society, since ethics deals with all aspects of human behaviour.
    Certain ethical principles not commonly to be part of professional ethics, should be implicitly accepted to judge the engineer's professional performance.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After successfully launching BlackBerry Passport and basking in the glory of its remarkable success on Amazon.com, this time BlackBerry has released the much awaited smartphone called BlackBerry Classic at $449....
I want to manufacture composite materials with different stacking sequence. Which composite equipment would be required for this purpose? Many Thanks!
hey there can anyone tell me where can i get ELECTRIC MACHINE by P.S.BIMBRA ELECTRIC MACHINE by NAGRATH KOTHARI PLZ HELP
So, this is RealSense challenge. The technology I must say has become better though not as reliable as I would have expected. None the less, I received RealSense camera on...
Microsoft’s Xim, a photo sharing application, has just got bigger and better. The photo sharing application available on all the three major platforms- Android, Windows and iOS has been updated...