Engineering @ Banking

In spite of being a banker, such things crops up in my mind because of base- ENGINEERING. Idea came up in my mind (actually engineering mind, i must say)for improving some traditional, paper wasting processes being followed in nationalized banks in this IT era. For now, I am taking the cheque processing methods followed by various banks. The idea with me is to reduce the use of cheque processing by visiting a drop box at an bank ATM or bank branch and then dropping the cheque in it.
As now a days, almost 95% educated and hi-tech people are using smart phones with a camera. Suppose what if in order to clear your cheque, you do not have to visit drop box? Rather just take a snap of cheque in hand and send it using your mobile phone!!INTERESTING??
I have the white paper with me for engineer such an application which will take the picture of your cheque and send it to centralized server for processing. If succeeded, further processing will be handled by bank server (which sounds impossible untill RBI, GOI & referenced bank permits).Most of the possible negative scenarios, security threats and practical problems have been taken care in first white paper (unreleased). I need help from CEans to help develop this app (specially in coding front).

Things seems unrealistic by the time we do not want to see them REAL!!

#-Link-Snipped-# as it becomes very difficult to visit CE forum after banking hours.

-Proud to be an ENGINEER!!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir i have iball 150 adsl4+ modem. in my modem DSL is on . when i connecting to internet router not connect to internet. please solve this problem.
Hello all I'm new the forum. Glad to see you people here. 😀😀 I'm currently perusing B.E, 5th sem(ECE dept). I have done zero projects and nil internships. Just a...
Hi, I am implementing Random Walk, Support Vector Regression, Independent Component Analysis-Support Vector Regression algorithms for the prediction of Stock markets. To check the prediction performance I would need to...
The Indian Space Research Organisation aka ISRO will test GSLV Mark III (stands for Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle); the machine that will put Indian crew in the space, once ready....
Wishing CEan @Ambarish Ganesh a very happy birthday! 🎉